GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
So, the engine mounts should fit the GTI PP, as well as the transmission mount in a manual GTI PP. But, will the dogbone mount fit into the steel front subframe or does it need the aluminum one? What are your thoughts? If all of them are plug and play I think it's a good OEM+ mod.

Is it confirmed that these are actually improved parts over what is fitted to a standard GTI? When searching online for these parts they are coming up as standard for some pretty basic cars, A3, Leon etc. What are the GTI part numbers?

MattB1

Ready to race!
Is it confirmed that these are actually improved parts over what is fitted to a standard GTI? When searching online for these parts they are coming up as standard for some pretty basic cars, A3, Leon etc. What are the GTI part numbers?

As BB has previously said, the Clubsport S parts are almost all sourced from other VAG models, I too have searched for the part numbers for the mounts and the matches come up as other cars, but I guess if the mounts are stiffer than the standard GTI ones, they could be for Diesel engined models of the other cars, as the Diesel engines are usually heavier than the equivalent Petrol engines, I think.

I quite frequently found these 'equivalent listings' on various vendor sites not
even close to be valid. I still prefer using ETKA since it's much more faithful.
That being said, I cannot imagine Volkswagen using weaker engine mounts on
the CSS.

;)

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
I quite frequently found these 'equivalent listings' on various vendor sites not
even close to be valid. I still prefer using ETKA since it's much more faithful.
That being said, I cannot imagine Volkswagen using weaker engine mounts on
the CSS.

;)

Guess i'm trying to justify the investment in CCS mounts over Clubsport mounts. What i found, threw me. Wanted to confirm (as best we can) that we believe the CCS mounts to be stiffer than GTI/PP/CS mounts to validate the purchase.

Came across this from the newest Golf R sales brochure, picturing the roof spoiler
add-on available soon for the Golf R. To me it looks a little bit disappointing since I
expected a think little bit more close to the Clubsport wing which it defintely isn't:

Instead of that new optional R spoiler I highly prefer the SRStec spoiler over it:

(thanks to Al in Philly for the picture)

Silly, the SRStec looks way more 'OEM' than this new factory option does!

B95zP

Ready to race!
CSS wheel bearing:
8S0 498 625 - Left & Right (same as Audi TT)

CSS swivels/hubs (provide some additional camber):
5Q0 407 253 E - Left
5Q0 407 254 E - Right

Audi ball joint:
8J0407365 - Left
8J0407366R - Right from ~ 30 € each for a Febi, SKF etc.

CLUBSPORT S BRAKES:

Front brake pads:
5Q0 698 151 G - 226 €/set

Front brake rotors (two-piece):
5Q0 615 301 C - 211 € each

Rear brake pads:
5G0 698 451 - 226 €/set

Front rotors are two-piece design with aluminum bell made by SHW. CSS Pads are made by Textar
TMD Friction, Pagid), at least the fronts.

Very interesting info, almost makes me kinda regret going with Superpro LCAs instead of an OEM+ Audi option.

That being said a few questions if you don't mind.

1. What is the value in upgrading to the CSS wheel bearing?
  2. Are the swivel/hubs & ball joints the same part just reworded? If so a VAICO version for 15€ seems a wise upgrade.
  3. Are CSS pads & rotors a direct swap for GTI PP? If so definitely going that route for both when I need new parts. I'd like to think the CSS rotors are a few lbs lighter.

1. probably none when you retain your hubs, probably required when using CSS swivels

2. not sure if I understand you correctly, the TT ball joints only fit TT arms (due to specific pattern)

3. right, CSS front* pads and rotors are a direct swap for your PP brakes (as well as for R brakes front and rear)

4. CSS rotor is 9,7 kg / 21.3 lbs while PP/R rotor is 10,8 kg / 23.8 lbs

* I'm not certain if the pad shape on rear is different since NA spec GTIs use different
calipers on rear than Euro GTIs and all Rs, as these come with an electrical parking brake

B95zP

Ready to race!
1. probably none when you retain your hubs, probably required when using CSS swivels

2. not sure if I understand you correctly, the TT ball joints only fit TT arms (due to specific pattern)

3. right, CSS front* pads and rotors are a direct swap for your PP brakes (as well as for R brakes front and rear)

4. CSS rotor is 9,7 kg / 21.3 lbs while PP/R rotor is 10,8 kg / 23.8 lbs

* I'm not certain if the pad shape on rear is different since NA spec GTIs use different
calipers on rear than Euro GTIs and all Rs, as these come with an electrical parking brake

Thanks.

As for #2 it sounds like swivel = ball joint, and ball joint = swivel, same part just different name? I think a little more camber would tuck the tires in just enough to reduce/remove rubbing I have with current parts. Without having to go the aggressive route of camber plates.

So the rotors are a tad lighter, I'll have to compare against Emanuelle designs which I think are ~4lbs lighter than OE.

mcheggie

Passed Driver's Ed
Is the clubsport rear diffuser, 5G6807568AF041, just a direct replacement of the Oem honeycomb diffuser? No modifications?

Yes, it is. Not sure on your PN though, since it's a two-piece part and I'd assume
for this reason there should be two PNs. edit: 5G6807568AF041 + 5G0807531B041
Bear in mind it's designed to accommodate the bigger dia CS/CSS tailpipes, so that
I'd highly recommend to fit the CSS (or aftermarket) muffler at the same time.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
IDK if someone posted this, but at the end of this video, he breaks down exactly what we knew a while back - cost and effort to switch a GTI/R to a Clubsport rear spoiler would be VERY costly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-v68hYs1gE

It's simple. ;) The Clubsport uses the hatch of the standard Golf instead of the GTI/GTD/R hatch.
The GTI/GTD/R hatch is designed to accommodate the GTI/GTD/R roof plastic spoiler, while both
the standard Golf and Clubsport come with a smaller spoiler that is part of the steel hatch itself.
In case of the GTI Clubsport and Clubsport S the wing is sitting on top of this smaller steel spoiler.

I posted pictures of both the standard Golf hatch and a 'nude' GTI/GTD/R hatch without the plastic
spoiler somewhere earlier on this thread. ;) It's not that of a huge endeavour if you happen to find
a Golf owner with the same colour willing to swap hatches with you. He'd get a GTI spoiler for free.
For my tastes there's no other spoiler or wing out there that's as beautiful as the Clubsport wing.
Very certainly there's no one that's as efficient aerodynamically. The GTI Clubsport wing is the only
one that is "proven" to provide downforce (I believe Volkswagen in this point).

:)

Last edited: