GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Mazda3

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Did you all see the Mazda press conference tonight? What do you think of the new Mazda3 hatchback and sedan?

https://www.mazdausa.com/new-era

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-mazda-3-doesnt-let-the-enthusiasts-down-1830690640

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sh...322746/2019-mazda3-new-car-photos-specs-info/

Highlights:

All-wheel drive available
Five engine choices: Skyactiv-G (1.5, 2.0, 2.5), Skyactiv-D (1.8), or Skyactiv-X
*Probably only the G 2.5 and the X for North America
6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission
New color Polymetal Gray (hatchback only)
Red interior option (hatchback only)
Black wheel option
Semi-autonomous cruise control

Last edited:

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Mazda 3 has been a great platform. This one (especially with the new design language) is a great alternate to the regular Golfs.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Always been a Mazda fan.

They've had a few duds, but for the most part they're a fun alternative to Honda/Toyota and they're doing some interesting engineering.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
I had a 2015 Mazda 3 before my GTI. Great car for what it was, but I wish it had the same turbo engine as the CX-9 as an option.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
They should definitely bring back the MazdaSpeed3 to be a GTI competitor!

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
According to car and driver Mazda has ditched independent rear suspension for a torsion-beam on the new 3. Shame about that really, they almost had the perfect compact.

Still I'm holding out hope for a new speed 3 with independent rear and their turbo 2.5

bcgti

Ready to race!
I agree the torsion-beam is a bummer but look at the Fiesta ST and Mazda 2 - everyone seems to praise the handling on those cars. If done right it might not be that bad.

And yes - bring back the Speed 3!

cldlhd

Go Kart Champion
I like the way it looks but the upswept rear door and the sloping roof seems like it would be a lot more claustrophobic in the back. The squared off roof line and bigger glass of the Golf gives better visibility and an airier feeling IMO.

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
According to car and driver Mazda has ditched independent rear suspension for a torsion-beam on the new 3. Shame about that really, they almost had the perfect compact.

Still I'm holding out hope for a new speed 3 with independent rear and their turbo 2.5

Think I heard aboot it on Savage Geese, since customers wanted a "Nice, quiet ride" or something along the lines so they said fuck it and made the rear a live axle

Would love to see a new MS3 and the R fighter be called the MazdaSuperSpeed3, that'd be awesome

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Thank God they kept round exhaust tips, and separate from the bumper.

I'm disgusted with all the car makers suddenly ditching the classic tip for the squared-off ports integrated in the bumper.

murph3699

Go Kart Newbie
I love Mazda. Drove a Mazda3 and a Speed6 prior to my GTI. If they continued to make Mazdaspeeds I may have gone that route

JC_451

Autocross Champion
I like the way it looks but the upswept rear door and the sloping roof seems like it would be a lot more claustrophobic in the back. The squared off roof line and bigger glass of the Golf gives better visibility and an airier feeling IMO.

Definitely.

The C pillar is HUGE on this car(new Mazda3). It's a full size SUV width pillar on a hatchback.

It's certainly pretty in certain respects but the rear end in profile does not look great.