GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Damaged front grill, is it fixable?

Hockey

Ready to race!
In the summer I had a stone go into my grill right inside the VW emblem and broke most of the plastic behind the emblem. I got some inlay stickers to put inside the emblem and to my surprise the little stickers held up for another 6 months but now I have a few small holes in the stickers and I'm back to my same problem.

From this image the glossy black part of the VW emblem is what's broken on my car, there is still some plastic left around the edges. It's mostly just damaged in the center.

Is there a way I can fix this without buying a new grill? I wanted to change my front and rear emblems to black glossy aftermarket ones anyways, but I don't want to be forced to replace the entire grill if I don't have too. Thanks.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
i know a few places you can order it...i broke the backing on both the front and back when i was replacing the emblems...i dont recall where though...they are really cheap though

Hockey

Ready to race!
i know a few places you can order it...i broke the backing on both the front and back when i was replacing the emblems...i dont recall where though...they are really cheap though

Are you sure you were able to get backing for the front too? I have been able to find sellers for the back emblem backing piece but can't find anything on the front.

Looks like it's all just one piece and part of the grille. I ordered aftermarket front and back emblems off ebay. Gonna take off the existing one and I might just try to put a few layers of black vinyl over the broken piece before putting the new emblem on. If that doesn't work I guess I'm buying a new grille

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Are you sure you were able to get backing for the front too? I have been able to find sellers for the back emblem backing piece but can't find anything on the front.

Looks like it's all just one piece and part of the grille. I ordered aftermarket front and back emblems off ebay. Gonna take off the existing one and I might just try to put a few layers of black vinyl over the broken piece before putting the new emblem on. If that doesn't work I guess I'm buying a new grille

https://www.shopdap.com/black-rear-emblem-backing-mk7-gti-golf.html

this is the rear.

I believe eurobadgez did them...if not i know you can order right from the dealer...I cant seem to find a link for the front but i know they are out there...i remember having a hell of a time finding it