GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
Ed, question about your current 91 oct Stg 2 tune ,1.10.

Is it supposed to run richer than the previous 1.08 version? I remember that at WOT, the air would settle to 11.47-ish.

Did a pull and the currrent one goes to down to 11.17-ish. Normal or should I be looking for an issue with my car?

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
Well it wasn’t running that rich immediately before the flash upgrade. If fact I didn’t experience the gradual enrichment that’s been reported. Strange if it would all of sudden do this now after the flash.

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
Good call on that...unfortunately my log didn't have targeted afr. (not even sure if that's an option). I'll re-do and compare.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Just dropping in to say i'm loving, loving, loving my EQT TCU tune! #should-have-done-it-sooner

The only nitpick I could possibly have is the 4-5 shift cruising at 40 mph. Easily solved with one quick tug on the paddle, then it will cruise happily on near-0 pedal input 5th gear/1500rpm cruising. That must be the hardest thing to map out, because it sucked with the Cobb map in Sport, bouncing between gears when the needle touched 40. This doesn't suck.

I have a new car again. Seriously. Should have come this way from the factory. It is obvious that a great deal of refinement went into this map. The Cobb map was a great improvement over stock. The EQT file another level. Really, really good.

I've only had a small taste of Sport mode, but it appears to take stock Kill mode to KILL mode! ;)

Well done Ed!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Just wondering how responsive EQT is at present. I've sent in logs on Thanksgiving and still haven't heard back. any approx. turnaround time?

I know he's busy af that's about it lol

He said he sold over 150 tunes and 53 turbos from his boost weather sale.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Ed, question about your current 91 oct Stg 2 tune ,1.10.

Is it supposed to run richer than the previous 1.08 version? I remember that at WOT, the air would settle to 11.47-ish.

Did a pull and the currrent one goes to down to 11.17-ish. Normal or should I be looking for an issue with my car?

Nope... the richest AFR target is still 11.5 (11.47). I’d recommend disconnecting the rear O2 and reflashing the tune again to clear the learning.

— Ed