GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

GolNat

Autocross Champion
So after playing email tag with APR they want me to ship it to them. He said they would pay for fixing it if there is a problem with it but I'll have to pay for shipping. Offered no other advice ?. So I'll probably remove it this weekend and ship it Monday.

So APR told me that their QC person checked it and even mounted it and only heard a slight rattle and everything was within spec. Bearing looked good to them. I sent the video that I recorded of the bearing slop and he replied back that there is some conflicting opinions on what they see and what QC sees so they are just going send me a new one ?. Can’t argue with that and I really hope the noise is gone with the new one. APR customer service gets a A+ in my book.

torga

Autocross Champion
Sounds like they were playing an intra-departmental game of tag over who gets to take the blame because that video you made is objective proof that the bearing was shot.
Glad you came out on top, my guy!!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yes definitely! I mean the fact that they were even willing to look at it being that I bought it used was great and that they decided to just send a new one even though it “tested” good. Not sure how that would have passed but what do I know ??‍♂️

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Supposedly getting a rear diffuser helps with the dirt. One like the Versus.
it doesn't
Just mount a box fan on your wing, pointing downward - push the dirt back down. Careful not to use one that's too big because that'll create lift and you might start driving on just the front two wheels.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
What about just extending the exhaust tips up and pointing out towards the rear. Could aid in downforce when that big turbo spools

torga

Autocross Champion
rear hatch door delete
So everyone on the road can hear my diggity dank woofers. No I meant my big barking dogs.
What about just extending the exhaust tips up and pointing out towards the rear. Could aid in downforce when that big turbo spools
Replace road dirt with exhaust soot. Love it. The 'ol use a cat to get another cat out of the wall technique.