GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5150 Will take your money and not give you a tune.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Instead of putting up a message saying they are busy, they decided to continue taking payments for tunes, and just say they can keep your money no matter how long it takes. This really really really makes me wonder about 5150's integrity.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-01-20 212317.png
    Annotation 2020-01-20 212317.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

Navi

Autocross Champion
but interest free loans are good?

based on their responses and their workers responses in this thread, I thought they were turning a corner, but that is basically saying, we are going to keep doing the same bs we have been doing but now there is no recourse for the customer. Lame af

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Instead of putting up a message saying they are busy, the decided to continue taking payments for tunes and just say they can keep your money no matter how long it takes. This really really really makes me wonder about 5150's integrity.
Lol idk why a company would want to keep piling up more work they can't fulfill in a timely manner .... Can't be that financially screwed (probably are lol).

Also who would agree to those terms? :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Lol it's pretty easy to put a notice on a website to notify potential/current customers of expected delays or put a halt to sales of custom etunes if demand is overwhelming. Kinda like what eqt is doing.View attachment 163625

Ed is a class guy. I am trying to find a local dyno place that will allow him to remote dyno tune my car.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
but interest free loans are good?

based on their responses and their workers responses in this thread, I thought they were turning a corner, but that is basically saying, we are going to keep doing the same bs we have been doing but now there is no recourse for the customer. Lame af

It looks like they hope to keep getting interest free loans from people that didn't read this thread.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Wow, wtf. I would have been willing to give them a chance once they got settled when I started shopping around for a protune, but f that. Who's dumb enough to sign that disclosure and it isn't actually enforceable, because 5150 have already acknowledged publicly that they don't have the capacity to fulfill orders. They just set themselves up for a fraud case. They are knowingly misleading customers and trying to get them to agree to it without disclosing that they don't have the ability to fulfill the order.

If I was a customer, I'd screenshot that disclaimer and this thread and send it to the state AG's office.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Instead of putting up a message saying they are busy, they decided to continue taking payments for tunes, and just say they can keep your money no matter how long it takes. This really really really makes me wonder about 5150's integrity.

Won't hold up if anyone challenges it. You can't be bound to nonsense like that. The guy you send to the courthouse for traffic tickets could shred that to pieces.

That's not a contract. It's wishful thinking.

Anyone with that on their website doesn't need to be in business. If you've been affected by this, and that's on their site, take it to a lawyer.

Cheers,

Kennith

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Imagine going on Amazon and instead of a promised delivery date you see "we'll deliver when we're good and ready. If it takes more than 90 days, tough shit, we have your money, no refunds". That's basically 5150's official stance now.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Let's assume this agreement was in place before the backlash here. You'd think a company that cared about their customers, and had attention to detail, would fix this part of their website.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
lose a lease by not paying rent...same way you lose a leased car.

fwiw I know nothing about 5150 just chiming in on leasing

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Imagine going on Amazon and instead of a promised delivery date you see "we'll deliver when we're good and ready. If it takes more than 90 days, tough shit, we have your money, no refunds". That's basically 5150's official stance now.

Unfortunately for them, it's not a legal stance.

That cannot be an agreement, and by merely suggesting it is, they're stepping into waters that are very dangerous for their business.

5150 Racing

Ready to race!
lose a lease by not paying rent...same way you lose a leased car.

fwiw I know nothing about 5150 just chiming in on leasing
no one LOST a lease at all. Period.
the building was sold we had to move
the previous building had the rent increased over $3000 a month MORE
which was not in the budget so we had to move.

We added the NO SPECIFIC time frame for an ETUNE over a year ago
that way no one is confused when they buy and dont expect it finished the next day.

We have been doing sessions for logging to get tunes out 3-5 guys at a time
we also offer on dyno services so you rent a dyno and we remote tune it. To further shorten any wait times

however most people are too busy or cheap to do so.
i cant count how many times it takes 2-3 weeks or 2-3 months to get logs from customers
but yet if we get behind grab the torches !!!!!