GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tires for GTI MK7

mbdanino

Hey guys, my name is Ben and i am new to this forum. i have a 2018 GTI and i am in the market for new tires.
I was looking at Goodyear Eagle Sport all season, they have many many good reviews plus the price is really good, so wanted to know if anyone here ever used them and can share their input.

Thanks !

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
No experience with that tire personally, but a lot of your tire choice is going to depend on your location, I personally live were it gets cold so an all season is a must unless I wanted to run a summer setup and a winter setup. Not currently in the budget. If you must run an all season, myself and many others on here have had great luck and great (for an all season) performance out of the Continental DWS06 tires. When I traded my 2015 in for my 2019, I had the dealer swap my DWS06 from the old car to the new with about 12k miles on them. They are that much better than the stock Potenza's. VW should be ashamed to sell cars with those God awful tires. I currently have 24k miles on the DWS06 and would say I still have at least 10k left on them.
On another note, use the search bar and you should find what your looking for.

mbdanino

Very interesting, I didn’t even think of the fact of where i live to the tires i am looking for. I live in Dallas and might move to Miami soon, which both places don’t get severe cold weather and snow, but do get rain pretty often.
and I definitely agree, the oem tires are not great at all.
I will look into the DWS06, thanks for the info!

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Again, super happy with them on mine. I am running more or less stock on current car, JB4 with downpipe on the 2015. They have wore well, and perform great in wet and slush. Road noise is well isolated with them and they absorb most road imperfections without ever upsetting the car. I've got the EuroSport Rear X-Brace in the new car which sharpens handling a good amount and made turn-in response feel much better with them.

spankye

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
When I sold my previous GTI I had the newer General G-Max AS-05 all seasons and was very happy with them. Lots of grip for an all season and great in the rain. Their summer tire, the G-Max RS, is also highly rated although I don't see them too much on this forum. I'll go with those on my soon to be GTI when I need to replace the current tires. Generals can also be had for cheap from Discount Tire if you time it right with sales, rebates, etc and if I'm not mistaken they are a sub brand of Continental.

Hard to go wrong with DWS06's as well.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Going by your location you’d probably be ok with just summer tyres, I have Pirelli PZero 225-35-19 on my GTi (UK spec factory fitment) and as a summer tyre I find them to be excellent, even with a few frosty days recently down to -2’C they’ve been fine and that’s with the fronts at the point they need replacing, I’ll be fitting the same again.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
If I lived in Florida, all-seasons wouldn't even be on the list. Go with summer tires, unless you plan on driving into snow country.

I have the General GMax RS on my summer wheels. They're a great tire for the money.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
If you want all seasons, look at the DWS06 as already mentioned or the Michelin AS3+.
In Florida you can definitely get away with summers and in that case there are a lot more options depending on what exactly you are looking for in a tire.

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
I just purchased these BFG G-Force, along w black wheels. I live in Northern VA. Has anyone used these tires before?

BFGOODRICH
G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S

• 235/40ZR18
  • Style: Blackwall
  • Load Range: XL
  • Serv. Desc: 95W
Qty
Price Each
Item(s) Total
For 2019 Volkswagen Golf GTI
O.Z.
OMNIA

• 18x8
  • Finish: Black Painted
Qty
Price Each
Item(s) Total

7thVW

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the Bridgestone S007. Extreme performance summer tire. Nigh and day grip improvement over stock and they have a pretty good ride too... not too loud. I think they were about 150 bucks at Tirerack. I would recommend them. If you want to spend more look at the Michelins or spend less look at the Firestones.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Falken FK510 if you're looking for a good, everyday sporty driving kind of tire. If you're looking for max performance, Continental ExtremeContact Sport or Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

Also why aren't you looking on Tire Rack?

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
When I sold my previous GTI I had the newer General G-Max AS-05 all seasons and was very happy with them. Lots of grip for an all season and great in the rain. Their summer tire, the G-Max RS, is also highly rated although I don't see them too much on this forum. I'll go with those on my soon to be GTI when I need to replace the current tires. Generals can also be had for cheap from Discount Tire if you time it right with sales, rebates, etc and if I'm not mistaken they are a sub brand of Continental.

Hard to go wrong with DWS06's as well.
Another vote for this. I use these two in combination for my summer/winter sets.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Welcome to the forum.

I dont have any experience with that specific tire. Continental DWS was my choice with my previous and current GTIs and i am very happy with the overall performance.

A search would bring up plenty of threads with similar topic.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I just purchased these BFG G-Force, along w black wheels. I live in Northern VA. Has anyone used these tires before?

BFGOODRICH
G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S

• 235/40ZR18
  • Style: Blackwall
  • Load Range: XL
  • Serv. Desc: 95W
Qty
Price Each
Item(s) Total
O.Z.
OMNIA

• 18x8
  • Finish: Black Painted
Qty
Price Each
Item(s) Total
I've used those tires before, same size too.

They're good tires. Tread life isn't great if you drive hard, so don't wait to rotate ?