GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recaro Sporster CS install mk7 gti

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Interested in eventually buying Sportster GT's in black cloth. For a base 1.8T Sportwagen with cloth interior, , it sounds like one would need:

GTI/R passenger/driver heaters for back & cushion, air bag plugs/wires/resistors, and seat harnesses for driver & passenger (unless I strip them from the stockers)?

@Navi any part numbers different from above if I reused my stock harnesses? @vw671, which Ebay sliders did you use if not Recaro branded? Looks like you both used planted technology brackets. How is seat height compared to stock? Thanks!

Most eBay sliders are the same, these are the ones I got: https://www.ebay.com/itm/264401404569

Seat height is about the same as the OEM seat at it's lowest position.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Navi, can you please supply the part numbers necessary for the fabric GTI seats?

Also looking to verify part numbers, my GTI is factory leather.

Thanks

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Here is the info I gathered thanks to Navi and Darryl at SmithVW. Underseat harnesses are specific to the vehicle, it's options and which the side of the vehicle it's installed. During production in 2016/2017 VW changed from a small black connector to a large red connector. You can use S model seat harness, but it must have correct connector. I will do my best to compile a vehicle harness list.

Seat Heater Part Numbers
GTI/R Leather:
Back: 5GM963557C
Base Driver: 5GM963555D
Base Passenger: 5GM963555H
GTI Cloth:
Back: 5GM963557B
Base Driver: 5GM963555C
Base Passenger: 5GM963555G

Note: My seat base heaters 555C/555G did not have bolster heaters.

I recommend buying a pair of 2 door seat belt receptacles. They are a mounted on a flexible steel cable versus a rigid metal bracket. This little change makes the seat belt much more comfortable and will plug into both 2 door and 4 door harnesses.
2 Door: 5GM857755AYLZ

4 Door Driver: 5GM857755DYLZ

4 Door Passenger: 5GM857756BYLZ

I'm just waiting on my resistors to arrive!

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
And what if I get the heated version Recaro's ?? I will get OEM seat heaters if necessary, but if I can adapt the heated version seats, that would be a little easier I think. Thanks for posting up Blade.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Here is the info I gathered thanks to Navi and Darryl at SmithVW. Underseat harnesses are specific to the vehicle, it's options and which the side of the vehicle it's installed. During production in 2016/2017 VW changed from a small black connector to a large red connector. You can use S model seat harness, but it must have correct connector. I will do my best to compile a vehicle harness list.

Seat Heater Part Numbers
GTI/R Leather:

Back: 5GM963557C
Base Driver: 5GM963555D
Base Passenger: 5GM963555H
GTI Cloth:
Back: 5GM963557B
Base Driver: 5GM963555C
Base Passenger: 5GM963555G

Note: My seat base heaters 555C/555G did not have bolster heaters.

I recommend buying a pair of 2 door seat belt receptacles. They are a mounted on a flexible steel cable versus a rigid metal bracket. This little change makes the seat belt much more comfortable and will plug into both 2 door and 4 door harnesses.
2 Door: 5GM857755AYLZ

4 Door Driver: 5GM857755DYLZ

4 Door Passenger: 5GM857756BYLZ

I'm just waiting on my resistors to arrive!

good find on the seat belt receptors. The metal ones suck lol. Are you using planted technologies brackets?

613B6

Ready to race!
Would you guys know what pins are used for the resistor? I see 3 in the air bag connector, I bought some 3.3 and 4.7ohm's but haven't tried yet.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

So are the air bag sensors not in the heating pads as initially indicated in this thread by the OP? Is there any other sensor that needs to be purchased outside of the heating pads to ensure everything works in conjuction with all OEM systems? US Spec for reference.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
So, the only way to get this to work is to get your seats and take them apart, install oem heating pads, and get the other parts? I guess anything worthwhile is bound to be a project at some point. My only concern is taking brand new, very expensive seats apart, as I have never done it before.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
So, the only way to get this to work is to get your seats and take them apart, install oem heating pads, and get the other parts? I guess anything worthwhile is bound to be a project at some point. My only concern is taking brand new, very expensive seats apart, as I have never done it before.

I ordered brand new heating pads OEM for the GTI. From what I have read that should create a pretty seamless install.

Screenshot_20200519-081910_Chrome.jpg