GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Tuned

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
@Cliff p. Any news on 7 spd TCU for GTIs?

We're currently in open beta testing :) I'm not sure how many testers we have, but if you want in on it, you can purchase the DSG tune for the DSG7 and request beta access. Seems to be going very well, so I imagine there will be a revision or two before final release. I don't believe beta testers are expected to pay revision fees from beta to final release.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
We're currently in open beta testing :) I'm not sure how many testers we have, but if you want in on it, you can purchase the DSG tune for the DSG7 and request beta access. Seems to be going very well, so I imagine there will be a revision or two before final release. I don't believe beta testers are expected to pay revision fees from beta to final release.
Thanks for the update! I purchased mine a few months ago (I noted I was paying for the 7 spd and was gonna wait). I don't mind waiting until the final version is out :) Just wanted to see how far along you guys were.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Good Lord man, help them out! You'll get a pretty much 99% sorted TCU tune NOW, help the community, and not have to pay when final release version comes out. (some folks I know did that same thing with the stage 2 E30 tune beta ;)).

Last edited:

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
God Lord man, help them out! You'll get a pretty much 99% sorted TCU tune NOW, help the community, and not have to pay when final release version comes out. (some folks I know did that same thing with the stage 2 E30 tune beta ;)).
Yeah, you're right. @Cliff p. Can I PM you my order number and have you send me the open beta file?

Only problem is I am not driving at all lately. I've put 400 miles in the past 5 months.

uranorab8

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
@Ghost GTI @Cliff p. , I’m a ‘19 rabbit dsg 7spd guy waiting to get in on the beta testing. I’m excited and got my Cobb AP the other day from EQT. Right now I’m on the Cobb ots stage one 91. It’s not bad but can’t wait to see how the EQT dsg and ecu tunes feel.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
@Ghost GTI @Cliff p. , I’m a ‘19 rabbit dsg 7spd guy waiting to get in on the beta testing. I’m excited and got my Cobb AP the other day from EQT. Right now I’m on the Cobb ots stage one 91. It’s not bad but can’t wait to see how the EQT dsg and ecu tunes feel.
If you got the AP from EQT the ECU tune should be preloaded, so dont run on that junk Cobb tune.

90ina20

Car(s)
MK7 GLI
Finally made the jump from Unitronic. MK7 GLI DSG here running stage 2 93 Octane OTS. Filled up at my favorite gas station which happens to have some good E so I put a splash (2 gallons) on top of the 93 octane. I saw massive timing corrections on Uni but so far the EQT is looking clean to me. Anyone want to take a second look at my log? This was supposed to be a 3rd gear only but I was having too much fun so it got into 4th and a bit into 5th :LOL:

https://datazap.me/u/growninpdx/eqt-stage-2-93?log=0&data=8

Still getting used to Cobb parameters so I accidentally had charge temp instead of IAT. IAT gauge was on and saw a perfect 15 degrees over ambient (84 F) through the pull. My only concerns are if the AFR's look normal and that slight knock in cylinder 2 at 3500. Running my very slightly used brisk er12s until the NGK's come in the mail.

90ina20

Car(s)
MK7 GLI
Little bit of a rail pressure loss. Grab another 3rd gear and see if it happens again.

Interesting. I didn’t even think to look. I’m not the most well versed when it comes to the fueling department. Any potential reason for that?

I can’t imagine too much E as i just purged the tank with straight 93 before this last fill up. I’ll definitely grab another log and compare though. Im only at 11k miles.