GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
If you can get it to work the adaptive function is magic on a dark backroad. With the high beams on you have no problem seeing where you're going.

Definitely have some threads to read. Would be ideal with the adaptive. Halogens seem archaic at this point. These add a bit of visual pop too!!

AntiGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
upper timing belt cover gaskets. Such an annoying job to do.

Also, does everyone lose one or two T-30 bits every time they work on their car, or just me?

torga

Autocross Champion
upper timing belt cover gaskets. Such an annoying job to do.

Also, does everyone lose one or two T-30 bits every time they work on their car, or just me?
I just JB Weld all my sockets and bits to my ratchets, so I can't lose them. I have like 80 ratchets.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I just JB Weld all my sockets and bits to my ratchets, so I can't lose them. I have like 80 ratchets.
1599256822328.png

mekanik

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
So after 47,000miles it's time for a new ECU.
Purchased a used one that matches my box code will have it reprogrammed . Hopefully integrated engineering will be kind enough to let me reflash my stage 2 tune once the replacement ecu is installed.

My mechanic suspects that it's due to my APR tune that I had on for 34k miles. Car was stock for 8k miles . Before I got flashed to stage 1 by a VW dealer. Over the years I had various apr tune revisions . Most recently the high torque stage 1 file.
5k miles ago I switched to Integrate Engineering, was stage 1 for about 3k and then I went Stage 2.
I don't believe that the IE tune caused the failure. The car has been fantastic, from day 1 with the Integrated Engineering tune. APR not so much.

Just a pic while I had the car in the shop

Attachments

• IMG_20200905_114151~2.jpg
    IMG_20200905_114151~2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 79

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yeah that APR flash in the first days of the mk6 where they physically removed the ECU seems to have claimed alot of computer souls.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Got some rivet nuts for my wanna be tyrol sport brace. I needed the install tool and I found a Jeep guy on FB that had one I could borrow. Did a couple practice runs and then proceeded to drill giant holes by the seat latches. First one was perfect, no problems. Second one no such luck, it pulled crooked. Probably user error but it's hard to get any stank on that tool back there lol. So then I drilled it out and slapped another one in there. I couldn't find an access hole to pull the old one out...😐

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah that APR flash in the first days of the mk6 where they physically removed the ECU seems to have claimed alot of computer souls.
When they flashed it , dealer claimed that it was bench flashed. Charged labor for it.
My mechanic said that be believes that it was port flashed. The anti temper bracket was never touch. And seals looked untouched.
But all the troubleshooting and fault code points to ecu.
Engine cooling fans are on full blast the minute I start the car . Got a check engine light for P2400 yesterday. Even vagcom fails to detect the ecu right away. Takes multiple attempts

Phur

Autocross Champion
This is perhaps a dumb question... wouldn’t it be possible to use real nuts? With them already loosely attached to the brace, dry fit the brace into place and weld them into place, then tighten. Would this not work? I’ve just heard so many bad experiences with those rivnuts...

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
This is perhaps a dumb question... wouldn’t it be possible to use real nuts? With them already loosely attached to the brace, dry fit the brace into place and weld them into place, then tighten. Would this not work? I’ve just heard so many bad experiences with those rivnuts...

I didn't really see any way to get to the back side of that area. I guess you could do that but I don't weld much. It would have been fine but I was using a 3/8 rivnut and it was difficult to crush. Also, I still had the carpet in and couldn't really see if it was flush or not. Looks pretty clean tho
IMG_3343.JPG

Thumper

Autocross Champion

Pay to play. It was a known risk you accepted to get the power.