GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Tuned

90ina20

Car(s)
MK7 GLI
It's a 93 tune, not an ethanol tune. There are ways to address it but your tuner needs to retune the car. Or just run a little less E.

Fair enough. I’m used to splashing a hint of E for knock reduction on unitronic. Without it I’d see upwards of -4.5 degrees knock along with some others on the forum. I’ll try to log straight 93 after emptying this tank and keep an eye on it. Don’t want that becoming an issue once the E30 tune comes out for the 2019 vehicles.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Fair enough. I’m used to splashing a hint of E for knock reduction on unitronic. Without it I’d see upwards of -4.5 degrees knock along with some others on the forum. I’ll try to log straight 93 after emptying this tank and keep an eye on it. Don’t want that becoming an issue once the E30 tune comes out for the 2019 vehicles.

If you're only putting a gallon or two of E into the tank and your rail pressure is dropping, you likely have one of the weaker 19+ HPFP's that have been plaguing the model lineup. Some cars are just fine, whereas others just can't take the extra volume required and start to tank.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
If you're only putting a gallon or two of E into the tank and your rail pressure is dropping, you likely have one of the weaker 19+ HPFP's that have been plaguing the model lineup. Some cars are just fine, whereas others just can't take the extra volume required and start to tank.
Are you guys just seeing that on Stage 2 and up? Haven't had a chance to log mine yet for Stage 1.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon

Yours doesn't actually look too hateful. A relatively classic small drop in rail (~250 psi) at torque peak in 3rd with addition of E. Doesn't drop again for the rest of the pull. Spread between LTFT and STFT never exceeded 10% and timing was pretty clean. E probably had more benefit than problem in the grand scheme of things, but is on the edge without additional tuning or hardware.

The professor spotted the start of fuel trouble and Cliff confirmed what has been a troubling item for tuning the 19+ cars on E30. You may end up wanting the HPFP anyway if you decide to run more ethanol reliably. Depends on how well they can tune for the stock one.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Are you guys just seeing that on Stage 2 and up? Haven't had a chance to log mine yet for Stage 1.

Are you adding ethanol? Really need a log to see what ya got if you are.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Are you adding ethanol? Really need a log to see what ya got if you are.
No plans since its hard to find it around here. Closest station is 40 minutes. Don't mind me...just asking noob questions to learn. I really gotta read more about fueling since I know nothing about it.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
All good. Thats how we learn about stuff here, listening to those with tons of experience (not me, just know enough to get in trouble 😁). Ethanol is a game changer but seems to be like voodoo science.

And you have a 19, you don't need to worry about fueling ;).

90ina20

Car(s)
MK7 GLI
I’ve fallen off the forums cause I’ve been having too much damn fun with the new tune. All those v2.0 changes addressing the DV mapping and compressor surge are great stuff, so Ed and team you’ve earned a lifetime customer. I was brushed off when bringing those concerns up to my previous tuner and I’m super stoked my car doesn’t sound like the turbos choking or dumping boost all the time even with a couple extra psi running through the bay. I did run a couple logs and the small rail pressure loss only happens with esc/asr off. Same road, same day, same gas, multiple pulls all show the same result. If I enable traction control, no dip in pressure.

I’m keeping a stash for the hpfp just in case once the E30 tune gets pushed out. But I’m trying to avoid the hpfp cause I’ll be going MPI down the road and I’ll be so tempted to get a custom tune for higher ethanol with the hpfp:LOL:

Last edited:

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I’m keeping a stash for the hpfp just in case once the E30 tune gets pushed out. But I’m trying to avoid the hpfp cause I’ll be going MPI down the road and I’ll be so tempted to get a custom tune for higher ethanol with the hpfp:LOL:

Are you talking about EQT's E30 tune for GTI? It's out and it's out-standing ;). No need for upgraded HPFP.

Edit: NM, I see you are GLI, not Turismo (15-18).

Last edited:

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Does EQT offering any kind of program/tune switching for those of us in areas with OBD emissions testing? I'm guessing that their tunes turn off the O2 sensors and I would need to have them on to pass. What would be the best way to do this with EQT?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Does EQT offering any kind of program/tune switching for those of us in areas with OBD emissions testing? I'm guessing that their tunes turn off the O2 sensors and I would need to have them on to pass. What would be the best way to do this with EQT?
His protune doesn't turn off the O2 sensor....

Branman

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Does Ed tune the start/stop to default to off kinda like how APR does it? I know this isn’t a big thing but I kinda like how it’s done and you don’t have to look at the icon on the cluster like disabling using VCDS/OBDELEVEN. Thanks