GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR stage 1 spark plugs

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
Stock plugs call for replacement every 60K, and APR sells NGKs. APR would LOVE to sell you their spark plugs every 10K miles.

On a S1 tune I'd bet you can safely run 40K intervals on stock plugs, or shit you could keep to 60 and just change as-needed if any fail prematurely :) I will be taking the latter route.
Stock plugs are plenty suitable and gapping them down to .024 will hold up to the addt’l pressure. As long as the fuel quality is on Par with the requirements of the S1 tune everything will be on the Up & Up. Just monitor plug health at oil change intervals and that will determine an approximate swap.
The “knock” detection on our cars is very sensitive and will register false readings based on various vibrations. If the intent of the use of a S1 tune (or any other) is to play hard with it, then upgrade the intercooler so the combustion better complimented with tempurature.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
40k is the stock interval and tuned you should be changing plugs every 20k

I believe you on the “tuned” part but I am fairly confident OEM maintenance schedule notes 60K for plugs.

But I could be wrong. Certainly don’t care enough to verify lol

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I believe you on the “tuned” part but I am fairly confident OEM maintenance schedule notes 60K for plugs.

But I could be wrong. Certainly don’t care enough to verify lol

Maybe on your alltrack, but not on the GTI, and definitely not tuned.

Literally a 2 second google search. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10161299-0001.pdf

and if you're going to go around "giving advice" then you should care enough to verify.

Edit: not even the alltrack is 60k https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10168645-0001.pdf

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Maybe on your alltrack, but not on the GTI, and definitely not tuned.

Literally a 2 second google search. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10161299-0001.pdf

and if you're going to go around "giving advice" then you should care enough to verify.

Edit: not even the alltrack is 60k https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10168645-0001.pdf

Volkswagen‘s official spark plug change interval (according to the manual, not a 3rd party site) was 60,000 miles for the MK7 and changed to 40,000 miles for the MK7.5

Literally a 2 second Google search would’ve told you that.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Volkswagen‘s official spark plug change interval (according to the manual, not a 3rd party site) was 60,000 miles for the MK7 and changed to 40,000 miles for the MK7.5

Literally a 2 second Google search would’ve told you that.

You're on ignore douchebag so you can stop replying to me, but I was curious so I read the post.

Look at the top of the sheet I posted, 2017, not a mk7.5. it has always been the case that 40k was the correct interval vw just fucked it up on the 2015-16 model years.

Keep on being a douche in your mod-kart.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
That's correct except a non enthusiast would never get that information.

They would check their manual more than likely, which would state 60,000 if it’s for an MK7 and 40,000 if it’s an MK7.5

You're on ignore douchebag so you can stop replying to me, but I was curious so I read the post.

Look at the top of the sheet I posted, 2017, not a mk7.5. it has always been the case that 40k was the correct interval vw just fucked it up on the 2015-16 model years.

Keep on being a douche in your mod-kart.

I responded the way that I did because you were being a douchebag for no reason. He obviously got 60,000 miles from somewhere, and he did in fact get it correct in a sense.

You can give it but can’t take it? Did I hurt your feelings? Poor baby.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
They would check their manual more than likely, which would state 60,000 if it’s for an MK7 and 40,000 if it’s an MK7.5

I responded the way that I did because you were being a douchebag for no reason. He obviously got 60,000 miles from somewhere, and he did in fact get it correct in a sense.

You can give it but can’t take it? Did I hurt your feelings? Poor baby.

I agree some people would check their manual but I'm talking about the ordinary buyer who would rely on the dealer for everything. In an average car today 100K is the recommended spark plug change. Since VW isn't selling the regular Golf anymore their will be more people buying a GTI because they still want a Golf and they will rely on the dealer.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
I agree some people would check their manual but I'm talking about the ordinary buyer who would rely on the dealer for everything. In an average car today 100K is the recommended spark plug change. Since VW isn't selling the regular Golf anymore their will be more people buying a GTI because they still want a Golf and they will rely on the dealer.

Yeah, that makes sense. 100k is insane, is that true?