GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
You're a lucky sob to be here with that many miles. My nephew was hit by IED's twice in 3 months in his only tour in Iraq. He was put out medically due to non-union of a radial fracture, PTSD, hearing loss, and vision issues after multiple TBI's.
Fuck. Is he better now? Jesus. My convoy hit multiple ied’s but it was always the lead car that suffered. It’s scary as fuck. U see the earth push upwards, then u feel it even from far away, then u hear it. In that order. Fast as fuck but in slow mo

Corprin

Autocross Champion
You're a lucky sob to be here with that many miles. My nephew was hit by IED's twice in 3 months in his only tour in Iraq. He was put out medically due to non-union of a radial fracture, PTSD, hearing loss, and vision issues after multiple TBI's.

My driving was way less. If I’d have to guess. Maybe 8-10k. Mostly to and from the airport via convoy. 25k in the desert. That’s a lot of freaking miles.

Targeted with 9 IEDs, 3 were direct hits on my truck. My squad got hit twice in 15min on our way to BIAP one morning. Patched and loaded a lot of good friends into medevacs. My worst hit had me off missions for 6 days before I had my whits back about me. The rest of my bangs, bruises, and dislocated shoulder were all essentially return to duty or didn’t bother going to the camp hospital anymore. Was hard to bitch about some debris/shrapnel peppering and superficial burns when your buddy lost his leg last week.

I was the commander’s driver/PSD detail. Sister company was in Al Hilla. We had a platoon in the green zone for a while at the embassy, two up at Ashraf, and the rest of the company at Camp Muleskinner/Cuervo/al-Rustimayia. We had to do morale and welfare checks, deliver mail, and other ass and trash missions to those outlying platoons. We then got OPCON’d to 3BCT 1st Cav, who was in the Green Zone and owned western Baghdad. So just to get to work or command meetings, we drove half way across Baghdad or to BIAP/Victory. The commander was amazing to his troops, so we took all the logistic/passenger runs to BIAP to give our line platoons down time. This meant I was driving RTE Irish 3 times a week.

Kicked in doors with 2nd ACR before they went home from OIF1. Helped retake parts of Sadr City when the Mahdi Army decided to take the gloves off April 4 and slap 1st Cav around a bit. Was napping in my truck 200m from the Green Zone cafe and bazaar when they were bombed in October.

I had reupped for Japan while In Iraq for that money, and well it’s Japan. I successfully avoided the PEB/MEB there in order to just finish our my contract... with the coveted permanent breathe at own pace and distance profile. In hindsight, I should have taken medical retirement. Army put me on orders with 128 days till ETS, for the next company back into the sandbox. Regimental assignment manager told me “your break is over, you’re needed back on the line”. Decked those orders before the printer toner was dry. This lead to a series of very one sided conversations about my future and re-enlisting to meet those orders, and with every senior NCO on post. They stopped lecturing when I told a CSM with USAG-J, “I already have a Purple Heart, I don’t want a second posthumously”. He got my point and I was left alone to just GTFO.

I am absolutely lucky to be around today and with all my digits still attached. By all rights, I should be dead. I try not to take it for granted.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Targeted with 9 IEDs, 3 were direct hits on my truck. My squad got hit twice in 15min on our way to BIAP one morning. Patched and loaded a lot of good friends into medevacs. My worst hit had me off missions for 6 days before I had my whits back about me. The rest of my bangs, bruises, and dislocated shoulder were all essentially return to duty or didn’t bother going to the camp hospital anymore. Was hard to bitch about some debris/shrapnel peppering and superficial burns when your buddy lost his leg last week.

I was the commander’s driver/PSD detail. Sister company was in Al Hilla. We had a platoon in the green zone for a while at the embassy, two up at Ashraf, and the rest of the company at Camp Muleskinner/Cuervo/al-Rustimayia. We had to do morale and welfare checks, deliver mail, and other ass and trash missions to those outlying platoons. We then got OPCON’d to 3BCT 1st Cav, who was in the Green Zone and owned western Baghdad. So just to get to work or command meetings, we drove half way across Baghdad or to BIAP/Victory. The commander was amazing to his troops, so we took all the logistic/passenger runs to BIAP to give our line platoons down time. This meant I was driving RTE Irish 3 times a week.

Kicked in doors with 2nd ACR before they went home from OIF1. Helped retake parts of Sadr City when the Mahdi Army decided to take the gloves off April 4 and slap 1st Cav around a bit. Was napping in my truck 200m from the Green Zone cafe and bazaar when they were bombed in October.

I had reupped for Japan while In Iraq for that money, and well it’s Japan. I successfully avoided the PEB/MEB there in order to just finish our my contract... with the coveted permanent breathe at own pace and distance profile. In hindsight, I should have taken medical retirement. Army put me on orders with 128 days till ETS, for the next company back into the sandbox. Regimental assignment manager told me “your break is over, you’re needed back on the line”. Decked those orders before the printer toner was dry. This lead to a series of very one sided conversations about my future and re-enlisting to meet those orders, and with every senior NCO on post. They stopped lecturing when I told a CSM with USAG-J, “I already have a Purple Heart, I don’t want a second posthumously”. He got my point and I was left alone to just GTFO.

I am absolutely lucky to be around today and with all my digits still attached. By all rights, I should be dead. I try not to take it for granted.
Fuck man. Someone was definitely intervening for u. Jesus. Next battery over did convoys through fallujah (spelling?). IED, snipers, drive by pick up trucks, all that crazy shit was in fallujah. Their mission was almost always met with fire fights.

Almost half that battery was med boarded or died. Another battery in our battalion ended up absorbing the folks left over as soon as the first reserves unit came in. They had actual armor on their vehicles. And their company had three strikers. At the time, the striker was a new vehicle.

edit. Glad you’re ok man. At least you still have your life. At a high cost I’m sure. But you’re alive

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Fuck man. Someone was definitely intervening for u. Jesus. Next battery over did convoys through fallujah (spelling?). IED, snipers, drive by pick up trucks, all that crazy shit was in fallujah. Their mission was almost always met with fire fights.

Almost half that battery was med boarded or died. Another battery in our battalion ended up absorbing the folks left over as soon as the first reserves unit came in. They had actual armor on their vehicles. And their company had three strikers. At the time, the striker was a new vehicle.

edit. Glad you’re ok man. At least you still have your life. At a high cost I’m sure. But you’re alive

Ahh Strykers. We were in the field on 9/11 augmenting 1bde 25ID during the initial trials after the vehicle was first adopted. We then fell in under 3bde 2ID for their certifications/Iraq train up at NTC and JRTC.

Driving near Fallujah was always a risky adventure. We did one run to the outer cordon when he Marines were wrecking shop in April. We had to drop a commo guy to run some fancy retrans. Only fire we took that trip was the long range spray-n-pray shit. That corner of Baghdad could eat a dick... more than the rest. Only took getting stuck in traffic near the temp bridge between BIAP and Balad for us to avoid that route north. We would take hwy 2 through Al Kalis and over the floating bridge to the north gate of Anaconda/Balad. Wasn’t the safest route, I got wounded in Al-Kalis, and we lost three trucks (1 IED, 2 blown in place) with three troops medevac’d in Hib-Hib, the village they eventually got Al-Zarqawi in.

Mid May my squad, then two teams/trucks became a beta testers for some of DARPA’s fancy new jamming equipment. We then started to move faster, on more city streets, and the trucks being 3-6’ from each other’s bumpers to keep both trucks “in the bubble.” Thankfully the shit worked, a few went off after the bubble cleared the triggering device.. it was awesome. We just couldn’t use our radios and our icon in FBCB2 would sit at our start point for a while, then magically appear at our destination sometime later.

We were some of the first up-armors to arrive at Udari and the first ASVs in theater. We had 50 armored vehicles in our push from Kuwait to Baghdad.. with me in a canvas truck and a pair of 5-tons right in the middle. I thought I was toast.

Sorry to hear about your losses. I’ve lost a few friends in there subsequent tours to either Iraq or Afghanistan and it’s hard. I can’t imagine how I would have reacted if I were there. At least I had the ability to tell myself “they are still alive” when they flew Landstuhl.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Ahh Strykers. We were in the field on 9/11 augmenting 1bde 25ID during the initial trials after the vehicle was first adopted. We then fell in under 3bde 2ID for their certifications/Iraq train up at NTC and JRTC.

Driving near Fallujah was always a risky adventure. We did one run to the outer cordon when he Marines were wrecking shop in April. We had to drop a commo guy to run some fancy retrans. Only fire we took that trip was the long range spray-n-pray shit. That corner of Baghdad could eat a dick... more than the rest. Only took getting stuck in traffic near the temp bridge between BIAP and Balad for us to avoid that route north. We would take hwy 2 through Al Kalis and over the floating bridge to the north gate of Anaconda/Balad. Wasn’t the safest route, I got wounded in Al-Kalis, and we lost three trucks (1 IED, 2 blown in place) with three troops medevac’d in Hib-Hib, the village they eventually got Al-Zarqawi in.

Mid May my squad, then two teams/trucks became a beta testers for some of DARPA’s fancy new jamming equipment. We then started to move faster, on more city streets, and the trucks being 3-6’ from each other’s bumpers to keep both trucks “in the bubble.” Thankfully the shit worked, a few went off after the bubble cleared the triggering device.. it was awesome. We just couldn’t use our radios and our icon in FBCB2 would sit at our start point for a while, then magically appear at our destination sometime later.

We were some of the first up-armors to arrive at Udari and the first ASVs in theater. We had 50 armored vehicles in our push from Kuwait to Baghdad.. with me in a canvas truck and a pair of 5-tons right in the middle. I thought I was toast.

Sorry to hear about your losses. I’ve lost a few friends in there subsequent tours to either Iraq or Afghanistan and it’s hard. I can’t imagine how I would have reacted if I were there. At least I had the ability to tell myself “they are still alive” when they flew Landstuhl.
It was a very somber “I’m gonna be next” kind of feeling.

but yeah, fallujah was definitely Iraq’s Detroit at night. But in the day.

u remember black water? The civilian mercenary group. I met a cav scout who was one of the folks who had to cut down the people black water hanged on some bridge. I met him in the El Paso tx va in group. He seemed ok. Normal even. But when he told his story his tears flowed and hands shook like crazy. It was like seeing a totally different person.

I think that’s when I understood religion, the country’s motives, and so many other things. It just all clicked for me.

but yeah. Everyone there dealt with loses. Those of us that did are lucky to have only been touched. Considering the alternative

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Fuck. Is he better now? Jesus. My convoy hit multiple ied’s but it was always the lead car that suffered. It’s scary as fuck. U see the earth push upwards, then u feel it even from far away, then u hear it. In that order. Fast as fuck but in slow mo

Yes and no. He's had multiple surgeries on his arm, still won't heal correctly. At one point they talked amputation, but at this point, he's wearing a brace in it. He's getting 100% disability and he went to college, but he still fucked up.

zrickety

The Fixer
They are up to 6,000 uncounted ballots in Georgia and still recounting...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
6000 well hot damn that changes everything!!

zrickety

The Fixer
6000 well hot damn that changes everything!!
Not yet, but it's evidence the media says doesn't exist.
Some precincts in Michigan report 350% voter turnout, I'll be happy to hear a logical explanation for this.

zrickety

The Fixer
Someone made a good point...Florida counted 11 million ballots without issue 2 weeks ago.
They used 2 different software firms.

zrickety

The Fixer
It's called DIGITAL BALLOT STUFFING. You'll see more about this. The paper trail will not equal the machine count...