GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

torga

Autocross Champion
Reactions: WAP

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Here's an explainer for anyone curious.

TL;DR: "sO WE dOn'T HaVE To dEaL wiTH fEdERaL ReGuLaTiOns" - Texas energy barons.

So now most of my family and friends in North Texas are frozen inside their homes.
Is is wrong to suspect that people would have lost power whether the utilities were federally regulated or not? Hell it's a bad storm and states that have federally regulated utilities lost power also in some places. I don't think you can regulate mother nature.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Here's an explainer for anyone curious.

TL;DR: "sO WE dOn'T HaVE To dEaL wiTH fEdERaL ReGuLaTiOns" - Texas energy barons.

So now most of my family and friends in North Texas are frozen inside their homes.
taking from the zrick playbook,.... didn't read it, it's gotta be because texas thinks "we're texas, fuck you"

how close am I?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Is there a china.com site you can order directly from? How would that even work?

Guess why it's cheaper for companies to have raw materials shipped to China, built in China, then shipped to US than to build in the US?

Oil subsidies. Stop subsidizing oil and it would cost more to ship materials and goods all over the world, then sell in the US.
Nah, it's the borderline slave labor. Even if oil costs were triple, shipping in bulk on a container ship costs almost nothing, literally a few pennies. The ground transport once it reaches the US is way more expensive.
Is is wrong to suspect that people would have lost power whether the utilities were federally regulated or not? Hell it's a bad storm and states that have federally regulated utilities lost power also in some places. I don't think you can regulate mother nature.
Yes, that'd be wrong. It's partly regulation, partly power source diversity, partly aging infrastructure. Modern equipment prevents cascading failures, regulation helps pay for reliability upgrades and creates a framework for the capacity market and spinning reserves that would pick up the slack when power generators are isolated for faults.

torga

Autocross Champion
Except the rolling blackouts in TX aren't because of transformers being blown, lines being downed, or any other reason which weather may make it impossible for power to be delivered. They're occuring because TX artificially reduces grid capacity in the winter. For what reason, I don't know. But since it is privatized, I suspect the reason rhymes with "baking honey".
taking from the zrick playbook,.... didn't read it, it's gotta be because texas thinks "we're texas, fuck you"

how close am I?
This is exactly why.

zrickety

The Fixer
Big oof. Come on man....assault rifles have been banned for a long time. Semi automatic rifles are not assault rifles, I thought you knew better 😕😐
2nd amendment does not differentiate.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
It's not for 'deer hunting,' it's to keep the government in check.

Article 4 section 4 is interesting...
"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a REPUBLICAN Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."
I've seen plenty of 'domestic violence' with the media cheering them on.

1st amendment 'no law abridging the right of the people to peaceably assemble' they violate this regularly for the Rona.

Maybe you've heard of the Declaration of Independence??
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."
"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers FROM the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, IT IS THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO ALTER OR TO ABOLISH IT, and to institute new Government"

Corprin

Autocross Champion

how close am I?

Texas is on a closed power grid. Any issues with their lack of power is their own doing. 🤷‍♂️

zrickety

The Fixer