GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

cb1111

So are we allowed to say quit monkeying around anymore?
You raise a very good point and the answer - as far as I'm concerned - is that it depends on the context that you use it in. In many ways we've gone a bit overboard in labeling idioms as "racist" because at some point it was discriminatory.

Language, like everything else, evolves and changes and we need to ask "if a term has evolved to mean something else and few remember the original meaning, then is it still discriminatory?" Clearly, as soon as an objection is raised, then it should be looked at again.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I wholeheartedly agree - but - when a term, phrase or word is word to be intentionally racist or derogatory and there is no question about the meaning, then it has crossed a line that civilized people need to adhere to.
Of course. The problem is the line is blurred when a word or phrase suddenly becomes offensive.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
When you call a person of color a monkey you are absolutely being racist.

The way Jerkotero(spelling?) uses primate or monkey is just him trying to be edgy while talking down to someone.

I feel like he's just latched onto that language specifically because of the reaction it got. I don't feel like he's sitting at the computer wearing a white pointy hat though.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
You need 3 types of documents - lawful presence (passport or other) Social security and proof or residency. If you dont have a passport its pretty hard to prove the lawful presence part and only 42% of the population of the US has a passport (guess what their socioeconomic status is?).

My problem falls at the following:

• SSN Card (cannot be laminated) - Dont have, parents lost it.
  • W-2 Form* - Don't have, I am self employed
  • SSA-1099 Form - Dont have
  • Non-SSA-1099 Form - Dont have any of them show my SSN
  • A pay stub with the applicant's name and full SSN on it* - Again dont have
  • SSN Denial Notice with passport, visa, and I-94 - Not Applicable
So the only thing I can do is get a new SSN card, which has not happened yet but its a hassle to get one.

I don't have my real ID yet. Its is a huge pain in the ass to get it. I've been bringing my passport with me when I go to buy ammo.

cb1111

The way Jerkotero(spelling?) uses primate or monkey is just him trying to be edgy while talking down to someone.

I feel like he's just latched onto that language specifically because of the reaction it got. I don't feel like he's sitting at the computer wearing a white pointy hat though.
Only he knows that. What we do know, is that he intentionally using those words to be racist - and that doesn't make him an upstanding citizen.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Only he knows that. What we do know, is that he intentionally using those words to be racist - and that doesn't make him an upstanding citizen.
I think he intentionally uses them to be provocative because a lot of his other posts just get flat out ignored.

If you get backed into a corner here and only Jim and Rickety respond to you the SCAMdemic probably isn't much fun. Hence his need to repeatedly use the one tool he knows will get a reaction from the rest of us.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Like I said it has two meanings over here & in Europe...

Context is key......I certainly would not call a load of idiotic coloured people "monkeys" due to the dual meaning of the word.....a bunch of white idiots yes...
Europe is big. You ever heard anyone call a black person an eggplant?

Self-proclaimed antiracists have no problem slinging shit at everyone around as they see fit: you are white? you are racist. you are white and say you are not racist? you are racist. you are white? everything you have is because of white privilege. oh, you are not anglo-saxon white? let me see *flips through his book of racial terms denoting various colors*, well, we can call you brown, but you don't make fun of Trump and make fun of Joe, so you are racist. Etc. But they scream bloody murder when they are called monkeys because that's exactly what they are. They play stupid games, they win stupid prizes.

cb1111

I don't have my real ID yet. Its is a huge pain in the ass to get it. I've been bringing my passport with me when I go to buy ammo.
real ID doesn't start (except for access to some federal facilities) until October of 2021, but anything is possible in California.

Here is the real ID checklist from California. Go through it and check off the documents that you have. While the checklist is from California, it is the same for all states.

anotero

Autocross Champion
What are you talking about. I think you are, quite possibly, the only person on this forum that doesn't recognize that the word "monkey" is a racial slur in the way it was used. I also wasn't the one it was addressed to. I merely provided you links as to why those words - in the way they were used - are extremely offensive.

As far as the "you might get sued" part, that was statement of fact (something for you to think about) and certainly not a threat - although your "promise" could certainly be considered a threat and could be actionable - but - I don't have a dog in this fight and don't care if this site lets racists run wild, but I'd hate to see a good site like this go under for something this stupid.

Cyber Libel: Defamation Law and Examples of Online Defamation | Nolo
Defamatory Social Media Posts - Can I Sue Someone for Bashing Me Online? - HG.org
Internet Comments and The Law - Coral by Vox Media (coralproject.net)

A note to the final article - racist comments are generally protected by the first amendment but there are limits. How would anotero fare if he used that language to somebody's face?

It would be a real kick if you banned me over this, because everything I've said is factual and also protected speech.

As a last note - just because you haven't heard that a word or term is discriminatory or degrading, doesn't make it OK - it just means that YOU haven't recognized it. You'll also note that I suggested that one of the mods tells him to play nice.
Hey, snowflake, can the website get sued for others calling me racist because I'm white and because I said I'm not racist? Or is there no defamation in that?

PS
Let me know how your "i'm offended if you are not offended by xxx" illness doesn't get better. I can help.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Wait, so the term is derogatory, and you would even call whites monkeys, but it's not used derogatorily against whites? I'm lost.

Obviously you've never encountered the historical context of calling coloured people monkeys then....which is why the term is only derogatory if its said to coloured people....

anotero

Autocross Champion
People are easily offended in this political correct bullshit society.
I remember the days when cb1111 would drop by different car threads and would act like a dick towards others for not reason. I guess he just felt like it and didn't seem to care he offended anyone around him. It's very comical to observe him now. :)

anotero

Autocross Champion

It's a red hat with a pointy white hat on top. Or the other way around. You clearly haven't been following the thread closely enough.

It's nice to see all these hypocritical snowflakes in this thread. Good to know what the fad is these days.