GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emission Service Action 24FX

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
People can have their opinions. Mine is that I see noticeable changes. Slightly higher cold start rpms as noted. Overall smoothness (subjective) improvement. When shifting manually in D or S mode I see a definite delay before it will go back to D or S without touching the paddles.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't doubt some are having real change and others don't, and here's why.

Even with the original 2019 GTI tune, some had issues, some didn't, even with the same tune.

The reality is, between slight manufacturing variations from car to car, different driving conditions, different fuel,, different driving styles, some cars DIDN'T have issues to begin with. My car would be fine when all adaptions were initially reset, then get progressively worse, until I started having stalling and the car felt like it was running stupid rich below 4000rpms, then would clear up. O2 sensor ended up failing, they replaced it, reset adaptions and put 5w-40 in my car and I didn't have anymore issues. Some never had issues with stock tune and 0w-20. Some tried heavier oil and still had issues.

I live in a real hot climate AND the times the car got really bad were ALWAYS after an autocross or a track day. I just don't think the stock tuning of the vvt took really hot oil 0w-20 and hard driving into account, and the ECU was getting erroneous timing data. The car then "learned" based on erroneous data.

If you lived in a cooler climate and didn't drive it as hard, you might not of had any issues ever with the 2019 tune, even before the first fix.

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I don't doubt some are having real change and others don't, and here's why.

Even with the original 2019 GTI tune, some had issues, some didn't, even with the same tune.

The reality is, between slight manufacturing variations from car to car, different driving conditions, different fuel,, different driving styles, some cars DIDN'T have issues to begin with. My car would be fine when all adaptions were initially reset, then get progressively worse, until I started having stalling and the car felt like it was running stupid rich below 4000rpms, then would clear up. O2 sensor ended up failing, they replaced it, reset adaptions and put 5w-40 in my car and I didn't have anymore issues. Some never had issues with stock tune and 0w-20.

I live in a real hot climate AND the times the car got really bad were ALWAYS after an autocross or track day. I just don't think the stock tuning of the vvt took really hot oil 0w-20 and hard driving into account, and the ECU was getting erroneous timing data. The car then "learned" based on erroneous data.

If you lived in a cooler climate and didn't drive it as hard, you might not of had any issues ever with the 2019 tune, even before the first fix.
The way people talked it up. It was as if the dsg crawl mode and D pedal mapping was improved.

but honestly it didn’t feel smoother or better at all. It didn’t feel worse either. Just felt the same. I think folks here are going through a placebo.

only difference I actually noticed was the cold start procedure. On both the GTI and gli the revs were a tiny bit higher. But the duration was similar.

no offense to anyone here

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
The way people talked it up. It was as if the dsg crawl mode and D pedal mapping was improved.

but honestly it didn’t feel smoother or better at all. It didn’t feel worse either. Just felt the same. I think folks here are going through a placebo.

only difference I actually noticed was the cold start procedure. On both the GTI and gli the revs were a tiny bit higher. But the duration was similar.

no offense to anyone here

Unless I’m wrong, but this flash was not transmission related. As such, it’s presumable the 6MT folks would notice more since we don’t have a computer doing all the clutch and throttle work to drive the car.

I’ll get mine in flashed at some point.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Unless I’m wrong, but this flash was not transmission related. As such, it’s presumable the 6MT folks would notice more since we don’t have a computer doing all the clutch and throttle work to drive the car.

I’ll get mine in flashed at some point.
Just repeating what the dsg folks have said.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Did they revert back your APR tune or wrote over it?
The 24fx update overwrote what was on the ecu. Flashing it essentially made my ecu revert to stock programming with the new 24fx changes.

then the apr software would automatically see what version the ecu was in and would flash the car with the s0007 code in the stage 1.

the apr stuff seems to compartmentalize the code. Somehow? Or maybe it was vw that did and apr exploits it? I’m just guessing in this regard.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Well, I took a half day and went for a 90 mile errand-running drive, mixed highway and local roads. I also stopped by the office to pick up 2 of my 27s off the desk to use at home (likely not back in til 2022), so I have a good idea how it usually feels.

Cold start sounds much less like a tractor, it's still there, but the duration is shorter (2sec vs 15ish secs).

Start/Stop shutdown is smoother, less jolting/jarring.

Other than those, I can't feel any tangible difference while driving. D mode still lugs along at the lowest possible RPM, S mode feels exactly the same.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Well, I took a half day and went for a 90 mile errand-running drive, mixed highway and local roads. I also stopped by the office to pick up 2 of my 27s off the desk to use at home (likely not back in til 2022), so I have a good idea how it usually feels.

Cold start sounds much less like a tractor, it's still there, but the duration is shorter (2sec vs 15ish secs).

Start/Stop shutdown is smoother, less jolting/jarring.

Other than those, I can't feel any tangible difference while driving. D mode still lugs along at the lowest possible RPM, S mode feels exactly the same.
I can't recall if I lost the tractor sound during cold start. I'll make a note to listen out for it tomorrow

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
Does the update still retain the OBD11 changes or does it get reset?