GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emission Service Action 24FX

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Auto stop-start being much smoother is certainly not a placebo effect.
I'll take your word for it. Honestly I turn it off asap on the gli since I don't want to kill the starter. And the gti's stage 1 has it disabled by default. I think another person also mentioned the auto stop start was smoother too

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I was gonna try it out tomorrow on the gli but I’ve no idea what it used to feel like since I would always turn the damn thing off.
Mine's off since I unplugged it from the battery. With all the times per day I have to restart my car after a delivery I would have worn out that button turning it off every time I restart the engine. When it was active when I first got the car it wouldn't shut the engine off unless I was stopped for about 5 seconds. No good when it's 115* in Phoenix.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Mine's off since I unplugged it from the battery. With all the times per day I have to restart my car after a delivery I would have worn out that button turning it off every time I restart the engine. When it was active when I first got the car it wouldn't shut the engine off unless I was stopped for about 5 seconds. No good when it's 115* in Phoenix.
Makes sense. My biggest worry is the starter. I’ve no idea if it can take the abuse a Prius starter can take

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Makes sense. My biggest worry is the starter. I’ve no idea if it can take the abuse a Prius starter can take
VW and all car companies put a much more heavy duty starter and bigger battery because of auto stop/start. I'm glad they do but I'll never use stop/start.

Skipjack

Car(s)
MK7 Golf Highline1.4
Hi, I don't like it but suddenly when i turn it off using the button by the gear lever, the screen icon showing the stop/start with a line thru it does not work, any idea why? ( the actual function seems to work, just not the lit icon on the main screen)

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Ok so it’s been a while. And these are the definite things that I can quantify as being changed after the 24fx update. The GLI is stock. The GTI isn’t and they’re both dsg.

on both cars, the farm equipment tractor sounds on cold start have been reduced severely. It’s still as loud but that tapping event doesn’t last anywhere near as long as before.

the secondary air injection is way louder and far more active. You can hear it blowing in pulses. U can even feel it in the steering wheel.

the cold start procedure seems to be a bit quicker

drive and sport options on the dsg feel the same, compared to pre update. Drive feels like old drive. Sport feels like old sport. Car accelerates the same. Car is not smoother. Nor is it rougher. It’s the same.

downshifts via paddles are not faster or slower. Upshifts via paddles are not faster or slower

finally, super interesting thing I’ve been noticing. I start my car in the garage. After cold start there’s usually a faint gas/exhaust smell. Now, it doesn’t smell at all. Anyone else notice that one?

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Ok so it’s been a while. And these are the definite things that I can quantify as being changed after the 24fx update. The GLI is stock. The GTI isn’t and they’re both dsg.

on both cars, the farm equipment tractor sounds on cold start have been reduced severely. It’s still as loud but that tapping event doesn’t last anywhere near as long as before.

the secondary air injection is way louder and far more active. You can hear it blowing in pulses. U can even feel it in the steering wheel.

the cold start procedure seems to be a bit quicker

drive and sport options on the dsg feel the same, compared to pre update. Drive feels like old drive. Sport feels like old sport. Car accelerates the same. Car is not smoother. Nor is it rougher. It’s the same.

downshifts via paddles are not faster or slower. Upshifts via paddles are not faster or slower

finally, super interesting thing I’ve been noticing. I start my car in the garage. After cold start there’s usually a faint gas/exhaust smell. Now, it doesn’t smell at all. Anyone else notice that one?

I did notice the reduced smell of gas after starting, but I attributed that to having the garage door open vs closed. I've always felt some pulsing in the steering wheel, so I that didn't change for me.