GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Depends on the demand for power and if you have to scrub the CO2 from the emissions.

If you don't have to guard the environment burning coal is still viable. It's only when you factor environmental degradation that it becomes cost prohibited. If you don't give a fuck about the emissions or the mining dangers you can definitely make money off it.

For oil, ExxonMobil was spending 99 cents to get a dollar out of the ground from tar sands and it was still profitable based on ultra high volume.

Pretty sure most Californians would prefer we burn the coal we have instead of rolling blackouts during the summer.

zrickety

The Fixer

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I would, but drilled & slotted rotors aren't good for the track 😂

Would you like to see a bunch of pictures of factory drilled Porsche rotors with cracks everywhere? I think I've still got them.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Gretafan got a tattoo.
Screenshot_20210503-114044_Chrome.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Depends on the demand for power and if you have to scrub the CO2 from the emissions.

If you don't have to guard the environment burning coal is still viable. It's only when you factor environmental degradation that it becomes cost prohibited. If you don't give a fuck about the emissions or the mining dangers you can definitely make money off it.

For oil, ExxonMobil was spending 99 cents to get a dollar out of the ground from tar sands and it was still profitable based on ultra high volume.

Pretty sure most Californians would prefer we burn the coal we have instead of rolling blackouts during the summer.

Or they can stop using so much damn energy...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Ayyyy...

20210503_143854.jpg

tenor (22).gif

cb1111

Got my second dose of Moderna yesterday, and holy moly is it kicking my ass today. I woke up around 4:30am with horrible chills (about 12 hours post vax), and just feel like I got hit by a truck. Fever of 101 comes and goes.

View attachment 212364
Under 50, I assume? The younger you are, the more the 2nd dose kicks your ass.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion

The biggest thing killing coal is still natural gas, which is way cheaper even if you don't factor in emissions. Mainly I gather they are just upset that renewables are getting cash and they aren't. But even if you got rid of every subsidy for renewable, coal would still be getting phased out.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
The worst part is I work in analytics and reporting, and this is the first business day of the month. So I have a metric shit ton of work that needs to get done, that isn't. As long as this is over in a day, tomorrow will be a 15hr day :(

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The biggest thing killing coal is still natural gas, which is way cheaper even if you don't factor in emissions. Mainly I gather they are just upset that renewables are getting cash and they aren't. But even if you got rid of every subsidy for renewable, coal would still be getting phased out.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion