GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Misfire issue higher rpms

Mk7_bunny

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Mk7 GTI
Let my introduce myself, name is Casey, I have a 2017 VW GTI FBO IS38 E85 was originally APR IS38 tuned but wanted more power so I went with a custom tune, car has been great to me over the few years I have had it, this is the first thing that I really cannot seem to figure out an answer to as far as diagnosis and it sucks.

View attachment 185575

OEM IS38 TURBO
ETHANOL CONTENT SENSOR
HPA HPFP
WALBRO 450LPH PUMP
APR IGNITION COILS
COLDER SPARK PLUGS GAPPED TO .020
CTS TURBO INLET PIPE
APR CARBON INSTAKE
STAGE 3 SOUTHBEND DAILY CLUTCH
BILLET REAR MAIN SEAL
USP MOTORSPORTS STEEL CLUTCH LINE
APR SHORT SHIFTER
APR DOWNPIPE
STRAIGTPIPED WITH SPARK PLUG DEFOULERS FOR SECONDARY O2
APR DOGBONE MOUNT
034 UPPER DOGBONE INSERT
034 STREET DENSITY MOTOR MOUNTS
APR SWAY BARS FRONT AND REAR
APR SILICONE BOOST HOSES
NEUSPEED HIGH FLOW DISCHARGE PIPE WITH MUFFLER DELETE
NEUSPEED RSe05s

Car is tuned by SneekyTuned

I am having an issue where my car will misfire starting around 5500-6500 sometimes it pops an epc light and i have no throttle and the car sounds like it is running on 2 cylinders.
I have ruled out fuel because the ethanol tested at 84% ethanol, spark plugs have been changed and properly gapped and i just put in brand new rs3 coils.

codes are as follows
P0300 P0301 P0302 P0303 and P0130A - Hide cylinder

Here is my most recent log it didnt pop a epc light but i could still feel the misfires
DATAZAP LOG
Did you ever get this fixed ? My car is having the same issues and from the same tuner. I have the HPA HPFP and CTS LPFP. Using brisk er12s as recommended and upgraded to rs3 coil packs. Car is having misfires just like you stated in 3rd gear at about 6400 rpms. Tuner just suggested may have an issue somewhere with HP or LP but idk. I’m not a tuner but I looked at the logs and the pressure seemed consistent. I follow the forums on the LPFP and am confident on the install. Here is one of my most recent data logs.

Mk7_bunny

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Mk7 GTI
Did you ever get this fixed ? My car is having the same issues and from the same tuner. I have the HPA HPFP and CTS LPFP. Using brisk er12s as recommended and upgraded to rs3 coil packs. Car is having misfires just like you stated in 3rd gear at about 6400 rpms. Tuner just suggested may have an issue somewhere with HP or LP but idk. I’m not a tuner but I looked at the logs and the pressure seemed consistent. I follow the forums on the LPFP and am confident on the install. Here is one of my most recent data logs.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ghKr1UN5YYn0AmWdHqVJ_hmE5B6uUj3Wv7s7AXZQgMg/edit

MarioKart_MKVII

Im having the same issue. Only thing is epc/misfiring is happening at 7k.

Im thinking it is injection window issue?

XL turbo
Awe track exhaust
Trackslag DP
APR INTERCOOLER, OPEN INTAKE
535LPFP/MPI
NGK 9 PLUGS

FULL 85 CAR BEEN DRIVEN FOR 600 MILES SINCE NEW SETUP.

below is datalog

https://datazap.me/u/mariokartmkvii/34

Last edited:

MarioKart_MKVII

Same issue, out of gate.
Okay,

I replaced the PCV, once I did tuner said it got better than he adjusted the cams and then he suggested Iorder a new N80 Purge Valve since I am at 80k. Some are saying could be a boost leak but if so why would I be able to go all the way past 6k rpm's? Where should I start to look? I am thinking compression test? Maybe Valve Springs? Idk. What is your opinion on this any advice would help!

Last edited:

8byt

Car(s)
2015 gti
You had same issue? And it being cam actuator?

Only codes popping up is misfiring when passing 6k
It never threw a code for it. When I installed the turbo I guess I scraped the sheathing on the wire, and it was grounding out. I cut the wire, soldered it back, put some heat shrink on it, and the problem went away.

MarioKart_MKVII

Could be a failing actuator. Looks like it's incapable of closing fully at high rpms. Have you tried increasing voltage and resetting acknowledgement?
I just got a new replacement actuator on the turbo installed last week. No I haven't tried to increase voltage and resetting acknowledge me. How do you increase it? and acknowledge it?

Also on last datalog cam timing was adjusted.