GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R be Gone

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Best of luck, Porsche can be very finicky. My friend had a GT4 and it was in shop more than it was driven due to electrical gremlins.

M3bs1

Go Kart Champion
Everyone has different motivations for their car choices. I actually had a PCA guy ask “Why the spoilers? Are you expecting to go around corners fast?” I replied “I sure hope so!” They also make it look cool for C&C, right?

The handling will take some getting used to. On the road, it never feels like the tires are working, the car just intuitively goes where you point it. It does sound good going up through the gears, but I’m not sure it’s really any faster than my tuned R up to about 100, definitely not as fast off the line. Can’t put the dog crate in it…..

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
This makes me happy I have an R. R was a pretty big stretch for me, but if I’m playing with people who are considering trading a GT4 for another R, the R must be pretty good…

My old man has an 02 c4s, never really did it for me. Nice looking car but not enough power.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I wouldn’t rule it out. The R certainly makes more sense as a daily driver, and I have another track car. I had my fling with horsepower with the ZLE last year. This time we are going for balance.
Back in the 70's when I got married a stock R would have been classified as a supercar. :) Certainly with just a piggyback.