GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

IanCH

Autocross Champion
China is a terrible government as well, obviously. But, geopolitically, they didn't arm Al Qaeda or Nour Al Din. They didn't launch an unjustified war against Iraq or Iran. Trump's targeted killing of their general was an act of war. They didn't bomb Libya and kill Gaddafi for trying to move away from the petrodollar. The list goes on and on, I understand that other countries aren't saints and do terrible things, but no one has a longer rap sheet than the US in recent times.
Where does actively commiting mass genocide to cull an ethnic minority rank?

Also China announced today that nobody under 18 can play video games except for 1hr a day on Friday Sat and Sun. You can have your own opinion on video games but that type of absurd restriction of freedom is the antithesis of what America has done on the world stage.

I would agree with anyone who attributed MOST of the us recent atrocities to corporate corruption in government... seems to be agnostic of political party.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion

Also China announced today that nobody under 18 can play video games except for 1hr a day on Friday Sat and Sun. You can have your own opinion on video games but that type of absurd restriction of freedom is the antithesis of what America has done on the world stage.

I would agree with anyone who attributed MOST of the us recent atrocities to corporate corruption in government... seems to be agnostic of political party.
Here's the story about it.

https://www.engadget.com/china-cuts-kids-gaming-time-132539606.html

Golf R GT

Ready to race!
been doing a little gun stock work while you boys are screaming……

B74A4936-FF76-48E8-809B-1ED9EDE671AA.jpeg
3AC331A2-5145-4D5F-8412-D0A52752A40B.jpeg
19F84764-2D7C-4AEA-A756-CFEF61EF1084.jpeg

anotero

Autocross Champion
Doublethink in action (using the topic/article as example, not using this against you):

Local sources in China allow to portray China in a bad light -- awesome, let's grab on to those local sources.

Local sourves in Afghanistan say a US drone strike took out ten civilians -- not a good news source, need independent verification, those afghanis will lie cause they hate us.

Why are libtards such two-faced scumbags?

coniglio rampante

Autocross Champion
There was an interesting book that came out about 20 years ago titled Dirty Little Secrets of the Twentieth Century, by James Dunnigan.
Dunnigan used a term I was unfamiliar with: “democide” which is basically the killing of the citizenry by their own government.

From memory, he stated Mao Zedong killed something approaching 50-80,000,000 people, and if I recall correctly, he stated Stalin killed something over 20,000,000 people.

Those numbers should be included in any calculus regarding who’s the worst of the worst country when it comes to atrocities. And by all means include the American genocide against Native Americans and African slaves, and do the same for European countries as they colonized Africa, Central and South America, India, etc., and Japan as it invaded Korea, China, The Philippines, etc., etc., etc.

War crimes are often a crime of opportunity; those who calculate that they can get away with it, seem to do it. Almost every nation, or even every tribe, has done/will do something atrocious is the risk-reward is perceived to be “favorable.”

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
So instead of working on improving it, he needs to gtfo?
What is he doing or can he do to improve it? None of us have the power to do anything. And please don't say voting because that's not done anything obviously.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion

As bad as it is, they still don't have more blood on their hands than the US. So what does that tell you? 200k Iraqi civilians killed in the Iraq war alone, and for what?

Video games has nothing to do with war and global violence, so it's not relevant to what was being discussed. No one ever said China is more free. But, no I don't think restricting video games is as bad as arming terrorists, but that's just me.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Doublethink in action (using the topic/article as example, not using this against you):

Local sources in China allow to portray China in a bad light -- awesome, let's grab on to those local sources.

Local sourves in Afghanistan say a US drone strike took out ten civilians -- not a good news source, need independent verification, those afghanis will lie cause they hate us.

Why are libtards such two-faced scumbags?
You're comparing minors in China playing video games with real life actual death in Afghanistan.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
China is a terrible government as well, obviously. But, geopolitically, they didn't arm Al Qaeda or Nour Al Din. They didn't launch an unjustified war against Iraq or Iran. Trump's targeted killing of their general was an act of war. They didn't bomb Libya and kill Gaddafi for trying to move away from the petrodollar. The list goes on and on, I understand that other countries aren't saints and do terrible things, but no one has a longer rap sheet than the US in recent times.

emphasis added

There was an interesting book that came out about 20 years ago titled Dirty Little Secrets of the Twentieth Century, by James Dunnigan.
Dunnigan used a term I was unfamiliar with: “democide” which is basically the killing of the citizenry by their own government.

From memory, he stated Mao Zedong killed something approaching 50-80,000,000 people, and if I recall correctly, he stated Stalin killed something over 20,000,000 people.

Those numbers should be included in any calculus regarding who’s the worst of the worst country when it comes to atrocities. And by all means include the American genocide against Native Americans and African slaves, and do the same for European countries as they colonized Africa, Central and South America, India, etc., and Japan as it invaded Korea, China, The Philippines, etc., etc., etc.

War crimes are often a crime of opportunity; those who calculate that they can get away with it, seem to do it. Almost every nation, or even every tribe, has done/will do something atrocious is the risk-reward is perceived to be “favorable.”

anotero

Autocross Champion
What is he doing or can he do to improve it? None of us have the power to do anything. And please don't say voting because that's not done anything obviously.
Recognizing the fact that our country is responsible for millions of innocent lives from our own continent to the jungles of Indochina to the mountains of Afghanistan to the deserts of Iraq and Lybia to the flatlands of Serbia, etc. is a good start.

anotero

Autocross Champion

Some expert that can't decide which number between 50 million and 80 he likes better.