GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Yeah, but that's private and not interesting for the group.

I shoot him a text every now and then too. Had to follow up when he disappeared, make sure he was still alright.
Our texts wouldn't be interesting to anyone because there's no arguing. Just 2 guys who have become friends talking about life and stuff. This thread and the forum somewhat in general seems to bring out the worst in people.

anotero

Autocross Champion
I am assuming it is where you deny the "truth" they are trying to sell you. If you question their data you must be denying their position so therefore you are in climate science denial. See how stupid that actually is? "Take our word for it and don't question because we are right and you are less right."

Are you referring to the climate change being caused by humans hoax?

anotero

Autocross Champion
It's like the "anti-vaxxer" thing. Anyone who questions "climate science" is dubbed a "denier" and is therefore, according to some, stupid. The problem is that the last ice age is estimated to have ended some 20,000 years ago. Since then, the earth has been in a warming period, save for interruptions caused by massive volcano eruptions. The current ICE age (see what I did there) is only a little over 120 years old, and is concurrent with technological developments in measuring temperatures in the earth's atmosphere and taking accurate ice core samples. Add to this the fact that ice core samples cannot be construed as completely accurate, because the top layers of ice are and have been melting, and you have some problems with extrapolation that should start to be pretty obvious. For some reason, if you admit that the earth is getting warmer but question the need to drastically alter our way of life, you get labelled a "denier".

The thing is, people who consistently argue about how they listen to the science hide behind that word as if it somehow magically makes them correct. Science is the process of searching for truth by testing hypotheses and trying to prove them incorrect. Science is not in itself a truth. The big problem with climate science is there is no control. There is no other Earth that is exactly the same size, has the exact same atmosphere, and is the exact same distance from the same size star putting out the exact same amount of heat but without industrial humans on it. (As far as we know or can measure) So there is no real way to prove that human industrial waste is the cause of all of our climate woes. It's a pretty good hypothesis, and there is definitely merit to being good stewards of the environment, but when a person points this out, they get called a "climate science denier" as if that makes them the one who is stupid.

Ultimately, we're all going to die and it probably doesn't matter anyway, but much like climate science, I have no way to prove my hypothesis.

Patiently waiting for the anger mob.
Man, when people say climate science, i think of the legite climatology science, not the "we are so bad, we are causing climate change hoax." :)

I agree with your points.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Our texts wouldn't be interesting to anyone because there's no arguing. Just 2 guys who have become friends talking about life and stuff. This thread and the forum somewhat in general seems to bring out the worst in people.
Ask him what sunscreen he recommends for white people. He should know.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Man, it must be a record for the 2nd invisible man to be accomplished in only a few posts...

Reactions: WAP

IanCH

Autocross Champion
@Unreal1 you better step up your game man this guys got to invisible in like less than a tenth of your posts!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's like the "anti-vaxxer" thing. Anyone who questions "climate science" is dubbed a "denier" and is therefore, according to some, stupid. The problem is that the last ice age is estimated to have ended some 20,000 years ago. Since then, the earth has been in a warming period, save for interruptions caused by massive volcano eruptions. The current ICE age (see what I did there) is only a little over 120 years old, and is concurrent with technological developments in measuring temperatures in the earth's atmosphere and taking accurate ice core samples. Add to this the fact that ice core samples cannot be construed as completely accurate, because the top layers of ice are and have been melting, and you have some problems with extrapolation that should start to be pretty obvious. For some reason, if you admit that the earth is getting warmer but question the need to drastically alter our way of life, you get labelled a "denier".

The thing is, people who consistently argue about how they listen to the science hide behind that word as if it somehow magically makes them correct. Science is the process of searching for truth by testing hypotheses and trying to prove them incorrect. Science is not in itself a truth. The big problem with climate science is there is no control. There is no other Earth that is exactly the same size, has the exact same atmosphere, and is the exact same distance from the same size star putting out the exact same amount of heat but without industrial humans on it. (As far as we know or can measure) So there is no real way to prove that human industrial waste is the cause of all of our climate woes. It's a pretty good hypothesis, and there is definitely merit to being good stewards of the environment, but when a person points this out, they get called a "climate science denier" as if that makes them the one who is stupid.

Ultimately, we're all going to die and it probably doesn't matter anyway, but much like climate science, I have no way to prove my hypothesis.

Patiently waiting for the anger mob.

So because we were already in a warming period, we can't be releasing large amounts of green house gasses and causing rapid warming due to the green house effect? That makes sense to you? Denying that green house gasses warms the planet means you don't understand how we came out of the last ice age.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
lol my ex was from Babylon
Babylon....better than Jersey
So far my favorite thing about this thread (and the forum as a whole) are the updated titles.
def in the top 5
On a serious note, I am legitimately wondering when/if they will allow health insurers to deny COVID coverage for the unvaccinated.

Or unvaccinated...surcharge.
^^^x2 this aligns with my helmet suggestion. You don't have to wear one but increased insurance rates, less ability to sue, and if you can't afford the long term care goodbye

rights AND responsibilities
and separate the men from the boys.
are we still talking about Greeks?

Last edited:

npace

Autocross Champion
So because we were already in a warming period, we can't be releasing large amounts of green house gasses and causing rapid warming due to the green house effect? That makes sense to you? Denying that green house gasses warms the planet means you don't understand how we came out of the last ice age.
I didn't say any of that. You didn't comprehend what I was saying, and you proved my whole point.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Are you referring to the climate change being caused by humans hoax?
To be clear I am not implying anything, the questioning of data and how those who do (no matter the topic, i.e. COVID, climate change, etc.) are labeled and labeled in some derogatory form and.criticized. Npace followed the intent of my post and made several good points.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
^^^x2 this aligns with my helmet suggestion. You don't have to wear one but increased insurance rates, less ability to sue, and if you can't afford the long term care goodbye.

This opens up a world of discrimination in medical insurance and where would it stop? The old pay more for coverage? The obese (42.4% of US population as recorded by the CDC 2017-2018)? Those with disabilities? Smokers? Alcoholics? Drug users? Would that also not lead to those who are far healthier should pay less in healthcare? If the answers are yes then do we not begin to cause more financial burden for the lower income? This is more of a capitalistic view to healthcare versus that of socialized medicine.

Obesity Rates:
https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

Income related to health:
https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10.1377/hpb20180817.901935