GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FCP Euro -- Returning Fluids

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
I can’t help but feel like this is a loophole that maybe 2 dozen cheap assholes take advantage of that the company doesn’t cause a stink over as to not get a bad rap on the internet … there is no way in hell they designed their “lifetime warranty” around people sending them used useless oil… no way… but if you guys insist, by all means

They definitely roll their eyes every time they get a box of used oil back, i guarantee it

https://gfycat.com/silverliquidcuscus

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I can’t help but feel like this is a loophole that maybe 2 dozen cheap assholes take advantage of that the company doesn’t cause a stink over as to not get a bad rap on the internet … there is no way in hell they designed their “lifetime warranty” around people sending them used useless oil… no way… but if you guys insist, by all means

They definitely roll their eyes every time they get a box of used oil back, i guarantee it

They advertise it themselves..

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
seems immoral?

I mean, who cares? Its not a loophole or a grey area. They clearly and openly offer and state it.

They can happily roll their eyes and call me a cheap fuck and laugh, I'm still getting hefty discount on my oil change.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
Did you know if you go into Starbucks you can get packets of that really expensive alternative sweetener stevia for free? In the store a bag of it costs like 6 bucks. #winning #lifehacks #cheap

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Did you know if you go into Starbucks you can get packets of that really expensive alternative sweetener stevia for free? In the store a bag of it costs like 6 bucks. #winning #lifehacks #cheap
Pretty sure purchase is required for that. I also don't see Starbucks advertising people come in for their sweeteners. You do you though. 🤷‍♂️

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
This is essentially a situation like Land's End, REI, North Face, etc. They all had hassle free, no questions asked returns policies. It was intended to be a drama free experience for good customers to experience products without worries. Of course people abused the shit out of the policy returning kayaks with holes in them, clothes that were years old, etc. Now none of these companies have those policies in place. All it takes is a small percentage of the customer base to ruin the experience for everyone, sad really.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
This is essentially a situation like Land's End, REI, North Face, etc. They all had hassle free, no questions asked returns policies. It was intended to be a drama free experience for good customers to experience products without worries. Of course people abused the shit out of the policy returning kayaks with holes in them, clothes that were years old, etc. Now none of these companies have those policies in place. All it takes is a small percentage of the customer base to ruin the experience for everyone, sad really.
Someone clearly can't read. They have exclusions to their policy and Advertise the fact you can send back used oil. This is nothing like the issue you describe above. 🤦‍♂️

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

It's nice that you are counting the money in our cheap asshole pockets. :)

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
1632177859663.png

If they didn't want used oil sent back, they could clearly add it to their exclusion. I mean, it is THEIR policy.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
View attachment 225982
If they didn't want used oil sent back, they could clearly add it to their exclusion. I mean, it is THEIR policy.

Bro, it's just another topic for people to argue over on the internet.
I change oil in my car 3-4 times a year, and about 2 times in my wife's car. Hell yeah I'm gonna send used oil back and take advantage of the policy they themselves offer.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Bro, it's just another topic for people to argue over on the internet.
I change oil in my car 3-4 times a year, and about 2 times in my wife's car. Hell yeah I'm gonna send used oil back and take advantage of the policy they themselves offer.
I just find it funny people call it immoral or liken it to stealing sweetener from Starbucks. I can go buy a $1000 turbo from them, race it, blow it, and send it back for a free one.. but oil is somehow immoral. :unsure: :unsure:

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
They have a post on social media showing all the oil people send back.

I got my oil change kit from ShopDAP >=|