GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... May 2024 Colder Than May 1987 - Climate Change Is A Hoax

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
You do realize that we need infrastructure, right? I'm not personally supporting the $3.5 Trillion figure. There are things in there that I don't necessarily agree are needed. I do, however, agree that we need infrastructure spending more than we need tax cuts. Tell me when the last time Republicans ever did anything for infrastructure? Trump used to talk about it religiously... infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastructure. I always laughed because I knew he was a liar and full of ish. In addition, the Republicans were never going to support an infrastructure spending bill.

We need infrastructure spending. I always find it funny that when people, whether Democrat or Republican, travel to San Francisco... what do they always take a picture of? Yep, that's infrastructure.
They already passed a trillion dollar infrastructure bill but the Democrats want to attach it to the 3.5 trillion dollar package. The one that's full of pork spending on entitlements.

npace

Autocross Champion
I live in WA and I absolutely think they should start charging a modest income tax. Because there's no income tax, they nickel and dime you for everything -- I believe we actually have the most regressive tax structure in America. Car registration is obscenely expensive and is tied to your car's value and a "years of service" depreciation curve, not a standard NADA or KBB depreciation. One year car registration for someone living in Seattle with a 2021 GTI Autobahn w/ DSG would be $565. For shits and giggles I just worked out how much 1yr reg would be on an Audi RS6 Avant... grand total of $1,430.
Tolls are nutzo expensive -- the main bridge I take to work is $4.30 one-way, between 7a-9a and 3p-6p. General sales tax is 10.25% (in Seattle). Gas taxes are #8 in the nation. Liquor taxes are insane here, too. After you tack sales tax on top of the liquor tax, an $80 bottle of scotch turns into a ~$110 bottle of scotch.

All this could be alleviated if a modest income tax would be instated. Make things a bit more progressive, as they should be. But none of our state politicians want to effectively tank their career in the name of the greater good. So instead, the bridge tolls are increasing by 15% in the next year or two, and we're getting a new 0.58% "long-term care" tax next year, which has many circus hoops in order to use and doesn't even pay out very much.
It's partly like that because you live in Seattle.... go down to Thurston County and the costs become more manageable. I think that doing away with individual income tax altogether and imposing a VAT is a much better route, with more equal tax distribution.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
You're not making any points at all because you cannot compare CA to other states, apples-to-apples. Vastly different infrastructures and all that. That's why I didn't want to get into that, because it's pointless.
Taxes are not about me, me, me -- they're about building a better place to live for everyone. We'd all pay more if WA implemented an income tax, but we'd eventually be paying less in all the various taxes that they've come up with to try and generate state revenue. Then the state wouldn't be so damn desperate for funding. For example, our public transit system is growing at a snail's pace because WA can't pull enough revenue together from all the small, petty regressive taxes to pay for it. An income tax would greatly alleviate this issue. But the big guys like Amazon are lobbying very, very hard to prevent this from happening in WA.

Edit: spelling

My goodness, you're an idiot. A $4.30 toll, to and from work, 5 days a week with two weeks of vacation comes out to $2,150/year.
Ok genius, $2,150/year + $500 registration.

Now let's assume an 8% income tax and only $50k/year (which i really hope you make more than that) - that's $4,000/year in income tax. Plus you're still paying sales tax, bridge tolls, etc (even if it goes down, it's still additional costs on top of the income tax)

More taxes doesn't mean "a better place for everyone". Tell that to the homeless in California - even though you love to pretend California is just an exception to all the rules

zrickety

The Fixer
Calling ME a dummy?

Did you even look at that ridiculous completely unconfirmed list? Probably not. Well, I did.

Here are some of the "side effects" I noticed:

• Flatulence (1954)
  • Tongue discomfort (1025)
  • Head injury (2180)
  • Skin laceration (376)
  • Water pollution (32)
  • Toothache (2242)

Flatulence is a reported side effect? Head injury from a COVID-19 shot... where the fuq were they injecting it? Skin laceration... like maybe where the needle goes into your arm? A toothache... from the vaccine... that's one of your dreaded "side effects?" Lolz...
Head injury is easy...there are people passing out and hitting the floor. Just watched one in the UK leaving a 'jab bus.'
There are people being paralyzed and worse.
This says nothing about long term effects. I expect in 2-3 years it will be pretty dismal, if you're still alive.

npace

Autocross Champion
My comment to him had nothing to do with you. I didn't mention racism. Just Democratic spending. I generally agree with your posts as evidenced by the likes I give you.
I know.... I was just responding to your post in agreement and then in general to the whole racism thing.

zrickety

The Fixer
I'm a good few pages back, when did GTIfan99 leave? What happened? Link to last post?
You missed some great titles along the way.

zrickety

The Fixer

torga

Autocross Champion
Ok genius, $2,150/year + $500 registration.

Now let's assume an 8% income tax and only $50k/year (which i really hope you make more than that) - that's $4,000/year in income tax. Plus you're still paying sales tax, bridge tolls, etc (even if it goes down, it's still additional costs on top of the income tax)

More taxes doesn't mean "a better place for everyone". Tell that to the homeless in California - even though you love to pretend California is just an exception to all the rules

lol you clearly do not know how taxes work. There are brackets -- it is not a flat 8%. Let's take CA's state tax for example, with progressive brackets of 1%, 2%, 4%, 6% and 8% (8% is for an amount earned between $46,395 to $58,634, so this is where our hypothetical earner goes). Their brackets go up to 12.3%, but we only need to worry about 8% (12.3% is for any amount earned over $599k). Our hypothetical $50k/year earner is on the hook for $1,890 in California state income tax.

Reactions: WAP

zrickety

The Fixer

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
You do realize that we need infrastructure, right? I'm not personally supporting the $3.5 Trillion figure. There are things in there that I don't necessarily agree are needed. I do, however, agree that we need infrastructure spending more than we need tax cuts. Tell me when the last time Republicans ever did anything for infrastructure? Trump used to talk about it religiously... infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastructure. I always laughed because I knew he was a liar and full of ish. In addition, the Republicans were never going to support an infrastructure spending bill.

We need infrastructure spending. I always find it funny that when people, whether Democrat or Republican, travel to San Francisco... what do they always take a picture of? Yep, that's infrastructure.
You seriously think infrastructure is a partisan issue?

😆