GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I Trade?

9uns

Autocross Champion
My cousin had an S2K. J's supercharger, Tein coilovers, Mugen exhaust, Volk wheels. I would not trade it for my GTI. His S2K was a blast to drive...but its just too darn small. The interior is tiny. You really can't put anything in the car. I would not want to take it on a long drive either.

For sure you would need a second vehicle.
yeah the plan was to keep my gti and have the s2k as a garage queen

torga

Autocross Champion
I dunno, I'd still be excited for it for the right price. Unicorn collector's item or not, it's still going to be an incredibly fun car. For the right price. Nothing wrong with a 106k mi garage queen -- I'd wear that as a badge of pride, tbh. The car's been used and loved.

9uns

Autocross Champion
I dunno, I'd still be excited for it for the right price. Unicorn collector's item or not, it's still going to be an incredibly fun car. For the right price. Nothing wrong with a 106k mi garage queen -- I'd wear that as a badge of pride, tbh. The car's been used and loved.
He's asking kbb money so roughly $16k. I haven't seen it in person nor have I test driven it yet so I have no opinion on the price yet.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
If you don't buy it for that I will!!!!!! Lol.
Why have you not gone and got it yet?!?!
This is a no-bainer man!!!!!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
If you don't buy it for that I will!!!!!! Lol.
Why have you not gone and got it yet?!?!
This is a no-bainer man!!!!!
Beat me to it. If it's clean, I'm next in line

9uns

Autocross Champion
I'm going this weekend to check it out. Probably try and do a ppi this weekend as well.

Daks

Autocross Champion
I was very misinformed. It's an 05 with 160k miles on the clock. Not as excited about it anymore...
Give him a few G's and use it to fuck around on the track. Family discount or whatever.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Oh I somehow missed that last post of yours with the mileage.
So his asking price makes a little more sense now lol.
I mean It is not as much of a no-brainer as before, but I still would definitely consider it.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Having owned an engine that revs past 8k with over 140k miles, I would not touch that thing. There will likely be some $4-5k bills in the near future.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
If you are talking about an RX-8 that does not count lol.
I honestly don't think you have much to worry about. Maybe a compression test as part of that PPI...
Those motors are pretty stout from my understanding...even at high mileage.
I mean, it's a Honda lol

torga

Autocross Champion

Those engines have one of the worst oil filter placement I've ever seen. Oil filter relocation is a necessary QOL mod on those 13Bs, imo.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Those engines have one of the worst oil filter placement I've ever seen. Oil filter relocation is a necessary QOL mod on those 13Bs, imo.
I never even did an oil change on mine lol.
I let the dealer do it. Only had the car for a year and a half though.
Despite all the negatives it really was a neat car.

torga

Autocross Champion
I never even did an oil change on mine lol.
I let the dealer do it. Only had the car for a year and a half though.
Despite all the negatives it really was a neat car.

Not a lot of engines can sing like an angry Wankel. Well balanced cars, too.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I honestly don't think you have much to worry about. Maybe a compression test as part of that PPI...
Those motors are pretty stout from my understanding...even at high mileage.
I mean, it's a Honda lol
BMW S54. Nothing quite as fun as manually shimming valves.

The Renesis was a turd, my dad got lucky and his FD was rock solid for 120k miles.