GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
My turbo is supposed to come in today. Is it bad that with all the mudslides that have been going on in BC; people getting displaced from their homes etc... The first thing that I thought of was "Fuck, that's going to delay the delivery of my turbo"

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My turbo is supposed to come in today. Is it bad that with all the mudslides that have been going on in BC; people getting displaced from their homes etc... The first thing that I thought of was "Fuck, that's going to delay the delivery of my turbo"
I like you but I have to be honest. Yeah that's pretty bad.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
no....totally normal.....but I mean, lives DO take priority, but if you or your neighbors aren't affected and you can't immediately help, go back to turbo thoughts.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It's understandable that you would be happy. When disasters happen in the US if I'm not in the affected area I send a small donation through the Red Cross. It eases my guilt for being happy and makes me feel like I'm actually doing something to help.

Datboireal

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD
Got a few AliExpress orders come through today.
Memory stop/start wiring loom and rear air vent usb assembly.
Connected the stop/start wiring loom (pretty straight forward) and all works as it should. Definitely worth the £10 I spent on it!
Will tackle the rear air vent usb assembly in the next few days.

20211129_143241.jpg20211129_145604.jpg20211129_143403.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002252098223.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.41204c4djpIDRK

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001356206889.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.41204c4djpIDRK

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Got a few AliExpress orders come through today.
Memory stop/start wiring loom and rear air vent usb assembly.
Connected the stop/start wiring loom (pretty straight forward) and all works as it should. Definitely worth the £10 I spent on it!
Will tackle the rear air vent usb assembly in the next few days.

View attachment 231639View attachment 231641View attachment 231640

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002252098223.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.41204c4djpIDRK

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001356206889.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.41204c4djpIDRK
Maybe dumb but how does start/stop work with a 6MT?

Datboireal

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD
Maybe dumb but how does start/stop work with a 6MT?

It just remembers if you activate the stop/start once you turn off the ignition. So when I deactivate the stop/start (which I always do :ROFLMAO: )I don't have to press it again when I start up the car after I've switched off the engine.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
My guess would be that it turns off when you're sitting in neutral and comes back on as soon as you depress the clutch
It’s controlled by the brake pedal on the Tiguan, so I guess a manual car would work the same except for it to shut off it would also need to see the car in neutral

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The car already "plays" with the idle depending on whether the clutch is depressed, could do the same thing except shut off completely, haha. You could also code out start/stop and save the money on the harness and the work installing it.