GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The car already "plays" with the idle depending on whether the clutch is depressed, could do the same thing except shut off completely, haha. You could also code out start/stop and save the money on the harness and the work installing it.
You cannot code it on on newer years anymore. Nice This with the switch jumper though is that it works the opposite way of factory now in the sense that it’s automatically off until you hit the button and then it works again

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@El_bigote_AJ What are newer years... Mk7 ended in 2015 for me, haha. But since you're here, about that sound insulation box under the Coolerworx shifter... did you run it without and have noise you wanted to get rid of? Or was it precautionary? I only want to be down there once so I'm trying to prep for everything, even though something will inevitably come up.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
@El_bigote_AJ What are newer years... Mk7 ended in 2015 for me, haha. But since you're here, about that sound insulation box under the Coolerworx shifter... did you run it without and have noise you wanted to get rid of? Or was it precautionary? I only want to be down there once so I'm trying to prep for everything, even though something will inevitably come up.
Haha,

I think it’s 19+ that the coding the voltage threshold higher stopped working.

Yeah I did it as. Precaution cause I already had the Material sitting around. Even with it the shifter still transmits a fair amount of noise/nvh- lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
My turbo is supposed to come in today. Is it bad that with all the mudslides that have been going on in BC; people getting displaced from their homes etc... The first thing that I thought of was "Fuck, that's going to delay the delivery of my turbo"

Send new turbos to those affected?

In the US, we send thoughts and prayers. It's much easier and cheaper than doing anything to help.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
In the US, we send thoughts and prayers. It's much easier and cheaper than doing anything to help.
Can confirm, unfortunately... and for that misfortune my thoughts and prayers go out to the US, from the US.

I got this in the mail though... @golfdave :ROFLMAO:
Finally.JPG

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Can confirm, unfortunately... and for that misfortune my thoughts and prayers go out to the US, from the US.

I got this in the mail though... @golfdave :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 231649

You won't regret it...(y)...the force will now be with you....

instead of being in the last century!!.... :ROFLMAO:

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
It's understandable that you would be happy. When disasters happen in the US if I'm not in the affected area I send a small donation through the Red Cross. It eases my guilt for being happy and makes me feel like I'm actually doing something to help.
Can we all vote Jim for most wholesome forum member?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I hope I’m as cool as you in 40 years.

I've told him the same thing numerous times. While I can't agree with all his views in a certain thread, I've got mad respect and hope I'm still hanging with people half my age online and swapping turbos when I'm 70+...