CSB Thread: Mud Getting Desperate At End Of Threads Life

Who should take over CSB2 thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
And after 18 months it's been proven I was right all along. So there's that.
I can't and won't get into that statement other than to say that there is a lot of truth in that statement. The Scamdemic thread is obviously the thread for this.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I hate to turn this serious, but AWD helps you go - it doesn't help you steer or stop.

If you're looking at more traction over your GTI in good weather using identical, then AWD will do that, but when the weather gets messy, then snow tires on a FWD trump all seasons on AWD.

In the dry, on track, I'm reading that the mk8 R will rotate under throttle. No FWD is going to do that.

I miss driving with throttle, like I could in RWD cars, but I love the utility of the Golf. This Mk8 R might be the best of both worlds if you can get a little rotation.

torga

Autocross Champion
I can't and won't get into that statement other than to say that there is a lot of truth in that statement. The Scamdemic thread is obviously the thread for this.
Except there isn't ANY truth to his statement. Literally everything he's said has been proven wrong. 🤷‍♂️

shhh-shush.gif

torga

Autocross Champion
In the dry, on track, I'm reading that the mk8 R will rotate under throttle. No FWD is going to do that.

I miss driving with throttle, like I could in RWD cars, but I love the utility of the Golf. This Mk8 R might be the best of both worlds if you can get a little rotation.

I read that's thanks to a totally revamped 4Mo with rear-axle tq vectoring that can send 50% power to the rear wheels, plus a rear diff for further fun.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Right. It depends on what you want from the car - drama or no drama.

And yes, BMWs are evil. I will never, ever, own another BMW outside of Germany/Austria.

E30 was the last good BMW.

Change my mind. 🤣

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yesterday Floridians were shoveling Iguanas off their driveways, today it's in the 70s. What a nightmare.

Last edited:

dtfd

Autocross Champion
E30 was the last good BMW.

Change my mind. 🤣
I've always like the E36 and E46. And let's not forget about the clown shoe. I think BMW started to turn when the M division did away with their inline 6 engines.

That being said the 1M (even though I've never driven it) seems like it would be brilliant. The BMW of old.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Wow, 60 pages in a week, this thread is putting scamdemic to shame.
I was in south Colorado for a few days, ice fishing in the mountains for my friend's stag party. Then back down to Albuquerque to stomp around the old haunts for another half-week and get ready for the wedding.
What'd I miss?
You missed 60 pages apparently. 😂

Don't worry though at the rate the thread is going it might catch the Scamdemic thread in 2 or 3 years. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.