GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Still not sure why DSG gets such a bad rap. At least I don't have to set down my beer to shift...

It only gets a bad rap from the purists. There is a culture of car people that are manual enthusiasts on top of being car enthusiasts. The more engaged with the vehicle you are the better the driving experience.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
MT owner here....because old and cheap. I understand either POV, the MT in the GTI is Meh. Easy to shift but not a joy to shift. At times I regret not trying the DSG because at my selling dealer (prices were $3K better than anyone else within travel distance) they had two 2017 Sport models. My Black MT and a medium blue (NOT CF) with DSG. The blue color while only OK was better than black.

Yes I own two black cars with red trim (pics for clicks)
IMG_20210403_154512291.jpg

Last edited:

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
It only gets a bad rap from the purists. There is a culture of car people that are manual enthusiasts on top of being car enthusiasts. The more engaged with the vehicle you are the better the driving experience.
Oh, I know. I'd have a manual too if my knee could handle it. I daily drove my Evo IX 5-spd for 11 years, and loved every minute of it. Unfortunately, my knee didn't, and I had to move on and accept my new reality.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
The Comet: Manual steering, manual brakes, MT with a beefy spring/cable clutch, and it's 60 years old. If you've never driven a old car it's not a one handed just along for the ride experience.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Was behind a Jeep with this on it today. She was doing a great job. Luckily DE is flat.

7B21ABF9-07F4-4DAA-A424-074BFD6B0D7B.jpeg

zrickety

The Fixer
Brought my Jeep to the beach. Vacation is great, no apocalypse in Florida.
IMG_20220521_143126881.jpg

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Did dad things. Swing set achievement earned.

AA4BF08D-0F3C-4F4E-AB6C-5FD0214B5CAD.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.