GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
4+ acres with state forest in the back, water Company on one side, (both those are the sides near my house) and somewhat inaccessible land (30 or so acres) on one side. For southern CT I am lucky. House was in real bad shape when I bought it but it's coming along nicely

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Two thoughts from this trip.

1) I've never seen so many mobility scooters in my life.

2) It just reaffirms my thought that Florida can break off the US and sink into the ocean for all I care.

zrickety

The Fixer
I have a 2001 WJ on a 6.5" long arm lift kit and 33" muds. My Gas mileage will never recover. I average single digits in city and at 70mph my readout says 11/12mpg. lol Im about to really calculate my real usage with this trip to tampa and back.
Do you really do mud runs?? I'm also on 33's but they are stock BFG K02 and probably tame by comparison. My Wrangler gets 17 mpg around town and 23 on the highway.

zrickety

The Fixer

2) It just reaffirms my thought that Florida can break off the US and sink into the ocean for all I care.
Mobility scooters are a Disney hack...you get to go to the front of the lines. At least that's how it used to be. My FIL made the most of that scooter.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Mobility scooters are a Disney hack...you get to go to the front of the lines. At least that's how it used to be. My FIL made the most of that scooter.
Unfortunately, people use handicap accessibly as a "hack" at a lot more places than Disney. Like when I see a lifted Ram 3500 in a handicap spot; what impairment do you have that allows you to climb 5ft into your truck, but prevents you from walking an extra 30 yards?

torga

Autocross Champion
When u have a sec may you plz share a pic of it? That sounds awesome!

So here's the setup, updates in real time. It's plugged directly inline with canbus, so it boots up as soon as I start the car.
In Mk6 it takes over the "phone" screen on the MFD — I can still tab over to the other screens, so no functionality is really lost since I use Android Auto anyway.

PXL_20220610_150903950.jpg

PXL_20220610_153856392.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Nope. They're waiting in lines like common peasants.

Just 400lb peasants...

riceburner

Autocross Champion

Thank you for confirming my suspicions. Disney World just sounds like the pinnacle of consumerism and pretty much the rest of florida for that matter

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Unfortunately, people use handicap accessibly as a "hack" at a lot more places than Disney. Like when I see a lifted Ram 3500 in a handicap spot; what impairment do you have that allows you to climb 5ft into your truck, but prevents you from walking an extra 30 yards?
they gotta raise the bar on what qualifies for a handicap spot for real

torga

Autocross Champion
Cash back is a nice way to just have an extra X dollars once in a blue moon, long as you do just pay the card entirely month to month. Obviously makes no sense if you pay 20% apr on the purchases lol.

I like to forget about it and there here and there be like 'oh look, $500 random dollars!'
I do the same thing. I like to save up enough points and turn them into statement credits to cover the cost of a mod to my car.

Yup! I use my CC for everything and just pay it off each month. Let the cashback rack up and it's just a free gift for me a couple times a year. I never pay a dime of interest, so the CC company is just subsidizing my nice things.

I'm more of a saver than a payer, so I usually save up 75-100% of whatever I wanna buy rather than pay it off. But if I wanna buy something big that I don't quite have the money for, I'll usually use PayPal Credit. They give you 12 months of no interest, but I'm usually done in 3 or 4 months. Same with Amazon credit -- it's useful sometimes, but usually I'm just reaping the sweet, sweet 5% cashback on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.