GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Ugly about to do the ahegao face.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
gennies

I have 2. One big enough to run my well 7500/9500 watts and one I can afford to run all day 1500/1800.

the difference between none and a small one is huge, the difference between small and large gennerators isn't as big. The big one will use 10-15 gallons a day, not bad for one day but logistics and expense can add up with multiday outages. I have had 3x where I couldn't get to the road for 4+ days. If there was an event like that and your town didn't have power think about the gasoline. The small one I run 24/7 and does either fridge or furnace. That one will use 3 gallons day. I will run the large one 2x day for an hr or two. If you have propane/NG mostly your only worry is cost. Just know they can be expensive to run/install.

Honda's are real nice/quiet but expensive My small one is a Champion, one of the China brands sold many places but it's good quality, Big one is a Dayton with a Honda motor.

If you go with a small one that doesn't self run (often whole house ones are set up to run for a bit every week or so) remember to start it every season.

DO NOT USE A SUICIDE PLUG!

Google if you don't know

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
If you get a small one the first time you save the food in your fridge you will break even. CL/FB often have them. My small one was NIB from one of those.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Anyone have a home generator? Been seriously considering a Generac.
We don't have natural gas in my area so I have a portable 7500w gasoline generator. I wired in a 10 circuit manual transfer switch which is connected to the main panel and a weatherproof outdoor outlet. I can run the generator far enough away from the house to be safe. It runs the 220V well pump, both furnaces, hot water heater, refrigerator, and four light circuits. Not whole house by any means, but we've been through 3 day outages in the winter just fine.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Oh yeah gtifan99, you stupid guy you. Always trying to pwn everyone with your facts! But we all know you live in florida! Literally thousands of strangers on the internet are laughing at you

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Oh yeah gtifan99, you stupid guy you. Always trying to pwn everyone with your facts! But we all know you live in florida! Literally thousands of strangers on the internet are laughing at you
Ugly was laughing with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.