GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Do you have any strong feelings about the latest interation of velma being gay? Have yet to see it myself.

Rule #1 prevents me from responding in this tread. I left all my thoughts/feelings on the subject in the other thread.

I didn’t post because I have none

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Skipped dinner due to trick or treating. So I'm about to eat great even late.

Despite it not being Thursday.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
You mean you're not just going to eat all the leftover candy as dinner?

Candy isn't really one of my vices. Not a fan of most of it.

cb1111

I recently started seeing this ad on TV and it reminded me of Idiocracy - we've gotten so stupid that we don't want to read.

Am I the only one who thinks this? This is far different from Audiobooks and, quite frankly, it sounds like the video version of Cliff notes, but that ad just rubs me the wrong way - you love to learn but reading puts you to sleep? Really?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I recently started seeing this ad on TV and it reminded me of Idiocracy - we've gotten so stupid that we don't want to read.

Am I the only one who thinks this? This is far different from Audiobooks and, quite frankly, it sounds like the video version of Cliff notes, but that ad just rubs me the wrong way - you love to learn but reading puts you to sleep? Really?
Hit the nail on the head. It's for people who want to say they "read this in a book" but without the actual reading and critical thinking.

Also see: getting your news from social media.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Good boy wanted his crunchwrap supreme.

PXL_20221031_212217416.MV.jpg

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Yes reading does put me to sleep but I love learning.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion

A surprising proportion of the population is functionally illiterate.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
The amount of people who don't read currently is atonishing. They think that reading books is... wait for it... stupid.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
The amount of people who don't read currently is atonishing. They think that reading books is... wait for it... stupid.

I do audio books because dyslexia and convergence insufficiency can eat a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.