GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rare Ara S3 Vortex XL build

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
yeah your logs look like what DC should be on the rs3 controller.
Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 That it helps. I don’t know what else it could be other than a bum pump.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Got the LPFP controller and associated harness swapped out. Got a datalog and the DC is down to 60% at the highest. 😀

Regarding the A2B Motorsports harness for the LPFP…
I know there aren’t many S3 guys on here but I found that the ground wire isn’t long enough. In the golf platforms the stud is on the seat pan and closer. In the Audi it is next to the seat belt anchor behind the trim and sticks out horizontally. The ground wire reaches but you’d never be able to put the seat cushion back in because the wire doesn’t have enough slack to lay flat. I cut the ground wire off my old style harness from the silver controller and used that because it had plenty of room.

Last edited:

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Sooo this is where I’m at now
7DF7DF6C-6E85-47D8-9F03-166742A6D491.jpeg

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Sooo this is where I’m at now

rip.jpg
That is my worst nightmare. Especially with a built motor.

Any ideas what might have caused it?

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Did anything happen or did you notice it during the oil change?
Just observed during oil change. No noises. Runs fine. I cut open every filter.
Back in June I saw what looked like small bits of aluminum foil. I reached out to the builder and they said meh it’s probably wearing. I sent a sample to blackstone and it came back fine. 2k miles later I decided to check again and found same material in the filter. Neither time was the oil full of particles. Fast forward to now and I find this mess. So once again I contacted them and they agreed I need to bring it. No idea what has happened but it’s going to the shop that built it this week. Yes they have a warranty as long as it’s what they built that has gone wrong. If it’s turbo or balance shafts (why?) they won’t cover. Doubtful it’s turbo related as it drives and spools great.
When I picked up the motor from them I inquired about specific oils and was told it didn’t really matter. Other than the initial Motul break in oil I’ve been running liquimoly 5w-40. This engine currently has 15k miles on it

Last edited:

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI