GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Finally ordered a FMIC. I need to get a consensus from the experts here on how long I should leave it in the house before I install it.

Mine sat around for at least a year.

I agree with Rice, no waiting. Once I got it on I was like why didn’t I do this sooner. On a stock system idk if it helps as much but with K04 it does.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Finally ordered a FMIC. I need to get a consensus from the experts here on how long I should leave it in the house before I install it.

FMIC should go on immediately. If it was a stock location, that's when you'd have to let it sit and age a bit.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Breakfast of champions

20221127_095436.jpg

messrock

Autocross Champion
Sonos is gonna be my surround sound choice when it’s time for that. Mostly for the Apple integration but they also have some great sounding stuff.
Can vouch for Sonos - have playbar, sub, 4 Play:1 (2 surrounds, 1 each kid room), 2 play:3 (stereo pair in kitchen) and a Move.

Look used, open box or direct refurb and save some scratch. The markup at retail is extremely generous.

Be prepared to have some issues where you need to reset the app and reattach your system at times. It might be due to my network, ordered an ASUS gateway to replace the POS from Verizon and hoping that clears up the networking issues I’ve been having.

CSB: my older kid wanted to go to church this AM (his best friend’s dad is the pastor - we’re not church people). Last time I had to drive him here it took me some fucked up route and I determined I should never take my car here. This AM it went a diff way and it was smooth sailing. Could have been doing hood rat shit on 95 instead of sitting in the Tiggy downing ice coffee.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The 1 thing I really hate about sonos is how it's not set up like an open bluetooth. My dad has a One I tried connecting to before. Nope. It's set up on his phone through the app. He's the only one that can control anything. Maybe I was doing something wrong. It's either a convoluted connection process or my dad is really the only one that could connect to it. I thought it was pretty dumb.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Theater tickets 50% off. Score.

messrock

Autocross Champion
The 1 thing I really hate about sonos is how it's not set up like an open bluetooth. My dad has a One I tried connecting to before. Nope. It's set up on his phone through the app. He's the only one that can control anything. Maybe I was doing something wrong. It's either a convoluted connection process or my dad is really the only one that could connect to it. I thought it was pretty dumb.
It’s all Wi-Fi except the mobile devices (Move, Roam). They create their own mesh network to sync audio across devices.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Can vouch for Sonos - have playbar, sub, 4 Play:1 (2 surrounds, 1 each kid room), 2 play:3 (stereo pair in kitchen) and a Move.

Look used, open box or direct refurb and save some scratch. The markup at retail is extremely generous.

Be prepared to have some issues where you need to reset the app and reattach your system at times. It might be due to my network, ordered an ASUS gateway to replace the POS from Verizon and hoping that clears up the networking issues I’ve been having.

CSB: my older kid wanted to go to church this AM (his best friend’s dad is the pastor - we’re not church people). Last time I had to drive him here it took me some fucked up route and I determined I should never take my car here. This AM it went a diff way and it was smooth sailing. Could have been doing hood rat shit on 95 instead of sitting in the Tiggy downing ice coffee.

That sounds like a great setup. I have a few HomePods that I use for music now and they work okay for what they are.

I need to upgrade my gateway/router. Was looking at the Linksys mesh system I think it is? How is the ASUS doing?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
That sounds like a great setup. I have a few HomePods that I use for music now and they work okay for what they are.

I need to upgrade my gateway/router. Was looking at the Linksys mesh system I think it is? How is the ASUS doing?
I have a ubiquiti system at home. They're marketed to businesses but there is absolutely no reason they wouldn't work at your home (in fact they're better than 1/2 the mesh systems out there) and each AP is around $150. Two covered my whole house and reach the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.