GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I have a ubiquiti system at home. They're marketed to businesses but there is absolutely no reason they wouldn't work at your home (in fact they're better than 1/2 the mesh systems out there) and each AP is around $150. Two covered my whole house and reach the garage.

I'm a basic bitch and have the standard Verizon Quantum modem/router.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Screenshot_20221127_131031_Viber.jpg

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I have a ubiquiti system at home. They're marketed to businesses but there is absolutely no reason they wouldn't work at your home (in fact they're better than 1/2 the mesh systems out there) and each AP is around $150. Two covered my whole house and reach the garage.

I need a modem also (I think). I don’t know the exact terms. The thing from my internet provider has a coax cable in so it’s a modem(?) and Ethernet ports with wifi going out router(?). With my smart home network it’s starting to get bogged down.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Wow. Only in Illinois ...... Must have had too much lasagna pizza
HuEf22Q.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Theater tickets 50% off. Score.
So you are going to make me ask to what?
I need a modem also (I think). I don’t know the exact terms. The thing from my internet provider has a coax cable in so it’s a modem(?) and Ethernet ports with wifi going out router(?). With my smart home network it’s starting to get bogged down.
yep...modem. The one I bought last month is on cyber Monday sale. Match it up to your cable provider. If you rent you'll save $10-20 month

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I’m using the asus to replace my fios modem/gateway. Instead of spending on a MOCA adapter for the coax, prolly just cxl my tv service.

I don’t have cable TV so I can get a MOCA adapter and plug that directly into a router?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.