GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
Merry Christmas all! Update from my dealer, VW UK has informed them that the factory has removed digital key from my order (Mk8 R, ordered July 2021). Asked why but the dealer had no idea but to assume it’s due to semi-conductor shortages, I see it’s been removed from the VW UK website so has anyone else experienced this or been told why?

Ralphie137

Got another update from Lex Autolease on the expected March 23 delivery of my GTE……

It’s now moved to end of May 23 and still no confirmed build date. I reckon I’ll be 2 years from date of order if I’m really lucky.

rayaans

Ready to race!
Got another update from Lex Autolease on the expected March 23 delivery of my GTE……

It’s now moved to end of May 23 and still no confirmed build date. I reckon I’ll be 2 years from date of order if I’m really lucky.
GTEs seem to be coming through so slowly. There's barely any on the used market too. It'll be a pretty rare car I think

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
It is odd though, we are waiting on a GTE with a few extras too, ours is currently being built, with an assumed delivery mid-ish february. That's around 14-15 months from order.

rayaans

Ready to race!
It is odd though, we are waiting on a GTE with a few extras too, ours is currently being built, with an assumed delivery mid-ish february. That's around 14-15 months from order.
I think I need to email my dealer and see when ours is going to go into production. It's been moved back consecutively for the past few months with no confirmed date

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
I think I need to email my dealer and see when ours is going to go into production. It's been moved back consecutively for the past few months with no confirmed date

We had that for a while, but week 47 appeared to be "the one" with the car going status 20. We had weeks dating from april 2022 to march 2023 (ordered nov 21), rollercoaster. Now it's just waiting for the build to finish and the car to reach the UK.

rayaans

Ready to race!
December 2021 - Order confirmed
January 2022 - Week 23
February 2022 - Week 38
March 2022 - Week 45
April 2022 - Week 39
May 2022 - Week 00 (Preparation for MY23 factory changes)
6th June 2022 - Week 46
22nd June 2022 - Week 40
July 2022 - Week 49
August 2022 - Week 45
September 2022 - Week 48
October 2022 - Week 51
6th November 2022 - Week 51
25th November 2022 - January 2023
12th December 2022 - February 2023
28th December 2022 - Week 9 2023

I got impatient so I emailed. Still unconfirmed so no idea when it's going to turn up. Been more than 12 months now as it is

rhys15

GTD ordered first week of January 2022.
Best build week it had was 42 of 2022.
Just had an update today, unconfirmed build week of 22 in 2023.
Probably will be pushed back further but can only hope I will see it sometime in 2023!

Hypezokos

Hello! Been reading on this thread for a while.
I ordered my GTI in week 39 of 2021 and have not even got a build week, yet. I had an "unconfirmed BW" as 24 this year but as that came close it got taken off and I have not received a new one since - been without any indication BW or delivery for over half a year. The dealership say they're checking weekly but it is also through a leasing company so who knows! My biggest worry at this point is whether or not the car will come at all, I don't really have any pressure on it, just want to have it finally, and also retain the massive discount I got on it. Been eyeing other cars recently but there is just nothing that comes close in terms of value for money... Has anyone even got the car and can confirm it's decent?
Got BW4 2023 out of nowhere! Surely they don't provide an update of a date so close to the actual date to then miss it again?
In any case, they have got me excited again. The car is fantastic, too, I had my exact spec (!) as a rental over the holidays with AVIS. Given how much discount they must be getting one wonders how it's higher priority...

rayaans

Ready to race!
Got BW4 2023 out of nowhere! Surely they don't provide an update of a date so close to the actual date to then miss it again?
In any case, they have got me excited again. The car is fantastic, too, I had my exact spec (!) as a rental over the holidays with AVIS. Given how much discount they must be getting one wonders how it's higher priority...
It this date confirmed?

The factory are 7 weeks behind on performance models confirmed build dates too so just because it's confirmed at the minute it doesn't mean anything

Hypezokos

It this date confirmed?

The factory are 7 weeks behind on performance models confirmed build dates too so just because it's confirmed at the minute it doesn't mean anything
Don't jinx it! It's the first time since April/May 2022 I've had a BW communicated from the dealer. The fact that I didn't even ask for an update (long given up) and they come to me makes me want it to be true even more. Been paying for my parking space to be empty way too long now :(

scott135

Thank you for your replies. The message I got was that it “is due” to be built in mid November and the car will arrive as above… “as the date gets closer the delivery date will be more accurate…”

Maybe I got lucky. Guess I’ll soon find out if the date sticks or is pushed back. I’ll contact them again in a few weeks if not heard anything.
So my build date did in fact change from mid November, but have now been told a confirmed date of W4 is in the system. So I guess by the time I do take delivery it will be more 5/6 months from order for non performance model. Assuming the confirmed date doesn't change...

matttherat30

Hi All!

I’ve been following this forum for a while and just had a call from my dearlership so wanted som advice or guess work if possible.

November 2021 - Ordered a Golf GTD in dolphin grey, no extras apart from what comes with the spec

Was initially told to expect a 12 month wait. Then was told Jan/Feb 23.

Now this has moved to provisional build of week 24 this year.

They say it’s because it’s a performance model etc but honestly I just find that such an excessive timescale and from reading posts on here it seems that most people aren’t waiting that long.

Im in Northern Ireland but doubt that makes a difference. Is it also true that they have no way whatsoever of probing VW or the factory for more clarity? Thanks in advance!!

HugoGT

Hi All!

I’ve been following this forum for a while and just had a call from my dearlership so wanted som advice or guess work if possible.

November 2021 - Ordered a Golf GTD in dolphin grey, no extras apart from what comes with the spec

Was initially told to expect a 12 month wait. Then was told Jan/Feb 23.

Now this has moved to provisional build of week 24 this year.

They say it’s because it’s a performance model etc but honestly I just find that such an excessive timescale and from reading posts on here it seems that most people aren’t waiting that long.

Im in Northern Ireland but doubt that makes a difference. Is it also true that they have no way whatsoever of probing VW or the factory for more clarity? Thanks in advance!!
Firstly welcome to the how long is a piece of string club lol

If I’m honest I think the provisional dates are nothing more than placeholders.

Our car has changed provisional date too many times to count, it’s been all over the place and different almost every time I’ve called the dealer (GTE ordered October ‘21) - now I think it’s sat at week 12 (it was 3 a month ago, then 6 in December).

And I was told 5 months originally! I agree the timescale is excessive but it does seem to be highly dependent on luck/dealer allocation, I think the performance model thing is mostly BS although my impression is a large reason for the GT models being delayed is extra need for chips (ACC/driving assistance/Matrix headlights)

From what I’ve heard from the dealer (and from the experience of other customers) it seems they have no way of getting more info out of VW, my dealer seems frustrated at this as customers at this point are rightly annoyed. I think the delays to production are reasonableish, but what I think they’ve done a terrible job of is communication and I think that speaks volumes for VW as a company.

I hope we both get our cars in the first part of this year! I was hoping for a 22 plate originally 😂

Edit: also when the new statistics are released on howmanyleft it will be interesting to see how many have actually been registered; GTE and GTD made up under a thousand last year to my knowledge!