GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3D Printer & C.A.D. Thread

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Is the logo raised?

In Tinkercad you would set your drawing plane to the surface that the letters come out of. Drop a rectangle/square big enough to cover the logo and make it a hole. This will delete all objects in the square that are flush and higher then the plane.

Turned out good 👍
i used fusion 360, the logo is recessed into the plate. I still can push/pull the logo but when I zero it out the border is still there, I cant seem to actually delete the logo. 🤷‍♂️

GolNat

Autocross Champion
i used fusion 360, the logo is recessed into the plate. I still can push/pull the logo but when I zero it out the border is still there, I cant seem to actually delete the logo. 🤷‍♂️

Ohh. Can you do what I said but instead of a hole add a solid square? That might fill in the logo. Or maybe raise the overall height of the part by .1-.2mm to cover the border?

I’d like to try Fusion 360. Tinkercad has one things missing like filet that I would like.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
View attachment 272817
Coinslot cover is done. Still not perfect, but I am pretty happy with this. I wanted to make a second blank version but I cant figure out how to remove the logo now lol. I uploaded it to thingiverse but new accounts are restricted for 24 hours. I will post the link here tomorrow.
That's awesome! I've been toying around with the idea of making a mount for my BMS pedal tuner that would sit in those slots. This could be a perfect base for it!

GolNat

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Print a radius gauge so you can measure and get a closer match.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Prusa slicer and the MK3 make color changing so much easier. I tried slicing a file with Prusa and running it on my Elegoo but it didn’t like it. Probably need to modify the G-Code.

866DCE62-D232-417B-8189-017DA8C8F017.jpeg

Finally made my sandpaper holder. Was a 8-9 hour print on the Neptune 2S. The time frame was way off on Cura so I need to look into that. Said something like 10-11 hours.

FBB4B0F2-6EF2-4605-890F-273D71270EA0.jpeg

Made some more of these too

C184C344-CF3C-47F7-88C6-D3DD5F1E55C3.jpeg

Roald

Go Kart Champion
Print a radius gauge so you can measure and get a closer match.
I just came across the ability to import a photo to Fusion and literally just trace it. I'm not sure how well I'll do with that but I'm going to give that a shot. I considered a radius gauge but I need it for the top edge its several inches wide and is just an arc.
I'm sure there's a pro way to do it, but I'm only just okay at Fusion anyways

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
I just came across the ability to import a photo to Fusion and literally just trace it. I'm not sure how well I'll do with that but I'm going to give that a shot. I considered a radius gauge but I need it for the top edge its several inches wide and is just an arc.
I'm sure there's a pro way to do it, but I'm only just okay at Fusion anyways
I ended up using my photo scanner to scan in an image of a game cartridge I was trying to repair. I then traced what I wanted to 3D print, turned into an SVG, imported it into Tinkercad, and out came the STL. Worked pretty good actually.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I ended up using my photo scanner to scan in an image of a game cartridge I was trying to repair. I then traced what I wanted to 3D print, turned into an SVG, imported it into Tinkercad, and out came the STL. Worked pretty good actually.
How did you make it 3 dimensional? Or did the scanner just grab the general height/width and you added depth in tinkercad?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Been on hiatus.

Printing a socket to change the air spring in my MTB fork. Decided I’d flex my speeds.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Damn that’s Stage 3 for sure!!

PETG for the socket?