GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi aluminum subframe on Mk7 Gti

Pabo

Car(s)
Clubsport GTI
In there installation guide they tell that the rear collars/washer's are different to the ones for steel subframe. Though that the control arm bolts for aluminum subframe are different but the main mounting bolts are the same.
Anyway are those two subframes the same.

Pabo

Car(s)
Clubsport GTI
I made a good deal for a brand new 3Q0199369E.
Does someone use a dead set kit like 034 ,vwr or cts ..to? How was your alignment after it. I'm a little afraid if camber will be much of from side to side. Without shifting the subframe it will not be possible to get it even from side to side

Pabo

Car(s)
Clubsport GTI
This is sounds really good 👍🏻 my factory camber right now is more off.
Tough about using the Powerflex excentrical front control arm bushing and a rear Audi S3/Clubsport s bushing so I can get a bit more camber or even it out. But don't know if those bushings working good together. The rear Powerflex bushing will increase caster and that will be a problem for me with wheel rubbing. Can not found much reviews about that excentrical Powerflex bushing.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
This is sounds really good 👍🏻 my factory camber right now is more off.
Tough about using the Powerflex excentrical front control arm bushing and a rear Audi S3/Clubsport s bushing so I can get a bit more camber or even it out. But don't know if those bushings working good together. The rear Powerflex bushing will increase caster and that will be a problem for me with wheel rubbing. Can not found much reviews about that excentrical Powerflex bushing.
most of the guys competing in the street touring class for autocross on this forum are using those bushings. I've had good luck with powerflex (but haven't used that specific bushing), both my whiteline and superpro rear bushings failed quickly.

Pabo

Car(s)
Clubsport GTI
That's because I would rather go with an Clubsport s bushing. They are more solid than the normal ones but not to stiff. Just looking for a OEM+ street upgrade

Pabo

Car(s)
Clubsport GTI
But you have to align the caster bevor you press it in position or?
I'm a little bit confused, was looking at the subframe in front of me and there are some holes not perfectly drilled to center, they have a bit offset. Is this normal ?

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
The metal insert (slots into the rear LCA poly bush) is offset, but up to you how much added caster (if any) you want. You can adjust this yourself after the bushing is pressed in.

Not sure about subframe offset, if you use a deadset kit (such as tyrolsport) it'll center the subframe.

Pabo

Car(s)
Clubsport GTI
I don't want more caster I'm fine with original caster setting. Was youst interested how this works with these bushings

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
In the picture when upgrading to the aluminum subframe, both part 7 and 8 are the same bolt but they are longer bolts than the ones the steel pressed subframe uses. I want to confirm part 10 (nut) is not needed.

I'm assuming using MK7 manual / steel subframe torque specs should be alright.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 1.58.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 1.58.49 PM.png
    251.3 KB · Views: 88

scrllock

Autocross Champion
In the picture when upgrading to the aluminum subframe, both part 7 and 8 are the same bolt but they are longer bolts than the ones the steel pressed subframe uses. I want to confirm part 10 (nut) is not needed.

I'm assuming using MK7 manual / steel subframe torque specs should be alright.
correct, nut is not needed.

Pabo

Car(s)
Clubsport GTI
Are the part numbers of that controll arm screw's ( 7 ) N 106 959 01 and ( 8 ) N 106 403 01
is that right?