GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Listen, i'm starting with the premise of giving him MY car, THEN I will focus on whats up with his car. His mods list isn't very specific but that doesn't mean much at this point to me.

A blue MK6R, mark my words, will bet someone $100 not-ricktybux, will either drive it into the ground or at least own it for more than 4 years, only exception being severe familial financial obligations - but not just to get another car.
If you average 12k miles a year 4 in years that car will have 173K miles.

What, honestly, do you think are the chances the engine makes it to that mileage? Before even getting into this know that you're staring an engine rebuild/swap in the face at the same point in the near future.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
CSB: I once made a grown man sprint out of a truckstop bathroom, I'm pretty sure he stopped mid-stream.

Buddy and I driving to CT to pick up a set of wheels for my JSW, from PA. Good price, they didn't look terrible, and I'm told they were 8" and 9" staggered setup, dual pattern 5x100 and 5x114. We stop at a truckstop on the way, because we need energy drinks and bathroom breaks. It's early, like 4AM early. We've got a long-ass drive ahead of us. He rolls into the bathroom first, while I'm distracted briefly along the way by various things. There are a million urinals, more urinals than I've seen in my life, in one place. So what do I do? Roll right the fuck up next to him. Because we like making each other mildly uncomfortable. And the icing on the cake, I say (loudly), 'nice watch, buddy'. Not realizing (because again, I'm pretty sure the entirety of Utah could piss in here at the same time with spaces inbetween) that there's another person in here with us. Other guy couldn't have gotten out of that bathroom faster if he had ster's RS3 and arby's girl. Like, flat out SPRINT. No hand washing, I really hope for his sake he didn't get caught in the zipper. I'm pretty sure he thought some dude on dude shit was about to go down, and wanted no fucking part of it.

oh, and the wheels? Yeah, didn't fit, not even a little. 17x9 and 17x10, the 9" were 5x100 and 5x114, and the 10" pair 5x114 and 5xI don't even know, maybe 5x120? 14 hours of driving and they didn't fit. Lucky me, I managed to sell them for what I paid, so I was only out the gas money and got this dumb story out of it.
thats a great fucking story.

I remember once when i was like 12 on a family vacation we stopped somewhere like that. When at the urinal some fucking guy came up and stood right behind me. I think i like forgot how to pee, but just acted like i was finishing and very calmly got out of there. for some reason didn't tell my parents cause maybe i was scared he would find out who i was and hunt me down or something.

riceburner

Autocross Champion

What, honestly, do you think are the chances the engine makes it to that mileage? Before even getting into this know that you're staring an engine rebuild/swap in the face at the same point in the near future.
i took a 2.0fsi out of a jetta last year and it wasn't too bad. Getting one back in's probably just as easy as getting it out amirite

All honestly i wouldn't mind having to go through that for some reason or another. On this car. I'll do a doggy glory hole for a mk6r

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

1680202219852.png
+ 12k(4) = 169k 173k

You get your shady cash flow statement balance sheet math outta here...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

I remember once when i was like 12 on a family vacation we stopped somewhere like that. When at the urinal some fucking guy came up and stood right behind me. I think i like forgot how to pee, but just acted like i was finishing and very calmly got out of there. for some reason didn't tell my parents cause maybe i was scared he would find out who i was and hunt me down or something.

I remember when I was in 8th grade on a field trip my science teacher Mr. Jehoba (something like that?) peeked down in my direction and smiled...

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion

holy shit, glad nothing worse happened to you but like wtf. Now as an adult, if anybody so much as touches me while I'm at the urinal, I'm turning around and pissing on them, making a massive scene (and mess), and calling the fucking police.

I remember when I was in 8th grade on a field trip my science teacher Mr. Jehoba (something like that?) peeked down in my direction and smiled...

Were there any witnesses, to this "Jehoba"? Say, a Jehoba's witness?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
A few weeks ago I was at a restaurant with the wife and went to the bathroom which is small, one urinal and one shitter. Anyways I walked in and there's a kid (maybe 12 or 13) just standing there not doing anything which I thought was weird but whatever, went to the urinal. As soon as I start peeing I hear "I HAVE A QUESTION" ignored him because what the actual fuck is going on...anyways I finish and turn around and he's staring right at me waiting so I gave him the stank eye and said he probably shouldn't be hanging out in a bathroom trying to talk to adults while the piss. He then starts going into how he wants to be a stand up comic and asks if he can tell me a joke....then proceeds to tell the worst joke ever which I didn't even understand. More stank eye from me and I walked out telling him to keep working on it.

Get off my lawn

JC_451

Autocross Champion
i took a 2.0fsi out of a jetta last year and it wasn't too bad. Getting one back in's probably just as easy as getting it out amirite

All honestly i wouldn't mind having to go through that for some reason or another. On this car. I'll do a doggy glory hole for a mk6r
Just trade the Audi and take on a payment on something newer, get exactly what you want.

If you want a project, find a clean slate and build on it instead of taking on another car with similar characteristics to your previous short ownership cars.

Apologies for the unsolicited advice.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion