GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

Kops

Bad news everyone.

Asked how the order was doing.

ETA was week 17, so only more 2 weeks to go or so i thought:cool:

New date is week 36, so Setember.

Order made in July 2021 so ETA is 2 years and 2 months.

I think i am gonna make some pressure with the headquarters in Germany.

I have the order number so if anyone can give any more information by PM i apreciate it.

I also have to say, it´s not really bad bad situation because i save a lot of money, but the expectations are just down the drain.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Bad news everyone.

I have the order number so if anyone can give any more information by PM i apreciate it.

I also have to say, it´s not really bad bad situation because i save a lot of money, but the expectations are just down the drain.

VW are taking the piss. They are hoping you will cancel your order. It will be ‘delivered‘ when VW ceases production of the Golf.

Kops

VW are taking the piss. They are hoping you will cancel your order. It will be ‘delivered‘ when VW ceases production of the Golf.
Well i waited for so long that i am not gonna give up.

Feels like a bad story that you tell your grandkids when they are growing up.

Let´s see if we have a late good ending.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Best put orders in for replacement car before next car arrives

My Golf GTE is two and half years old. I think I now need to order it’s replacement. Bearing in mind the delivery times I wonder if it will be electric, hydrogen or nuclear powered 🤔🙄.

rayaans

Ready to race!
December 2021 - Order confirmed
January 2022 - Week 23
February 2022 - Week 38
March 2022 - Week 45
April 2022 - Week 39
May 2022 - Week 00 (Preparation for MY23 factory changes)
6th June 2022 - Week 46
22nd June 2022 - Week 40
July 2022 - Week 49
August 2022 - Week 45
September 2022 - Week 48
October 2022 - Week 51
6th November 2022 - Week 51
25th November 2022 - January 2023
12th December 2022 - February 2023
28th December 2022 - Week 9 2023
January 2023 - Week 11 unconfirmed
February 2023 - Week 12 CONFIRMED

March 2023 - Currently we are on Week 13. Not made due to factory delays (approx 4-7 weeks)

April 2023 - I emailed the dealer and the car has been built! Finally! So it seems the factory is maybe 3 weeks behind. Now it's just a matter of getting to the UK

ghostwalker

Passed Driver's Ed
Ah okay so I realise I’ve not shared my timeline so apologies 😂

This is through a leasing company so I don’t have the comprehensive status updates that you guys have - I just get told when it’s expected to arrive.

Jan 2022 - Order confirmed, expected delivery in April 2022, March slot. I suspect the slots were pre-booked by the leasing company in mid-late 2021, so that’s effectively how old the order is lol. Same as you guys, really.

March 2022 - car now expected in August 2022

June 2022 - car now expected around Christmas 2022

Autumn 2022 - car pushed back to the end of May 2023

January 2023 - estimated build week 4, arrival early March

March 2023 - estimated arrival early April

April 2023 - car built and has been at port of exit at Emden since 16/03/2023 waiting for shipping to the UK! Arrival date now 08/05/2023 however the leasing provider are chasing this with the dealer to see when/if it has been shipped

Soo yes @Grace11 looks like we’re in a similar boat 😂 I’ll keep onto the leasing company until they give me an update this week.

I’d hate to give people the idea that it’s going to take forever to get to the UK so watch this space lol 🫣

Hoping for the best for you all as well! It’s a loooong wait indeed 😩

Foogow

Bad news everyone.

OOh No, I just got same information this week in Taiwan(I just posted, it's start building....OOXX)
last week sales told me start to M/P, this week told me all H&K + HUD can't choose, if you accept it then the schedule will be W18 or W19
if you want to wait, the schedule will be end of year, they said this com from VW Germany.......

ghostwalker

Passed Driver's Ed
Had an update for anyone else at the stage where you're awaiting shipping:

“Due to bad weather at port of exit shipping was postponed/cancelled which gave a backlog of vehicles. This has now gone onto a Priority shipping list. The next update we will likely have will be when the vehicle arrives at UK port”.

And mine has been there since 16th March. So I guess we’ll see what happens 😂

HugoGT

Ah okay so I realise I’ve not shared my timeline so apologies 😂

This is through a leasing company so I don’t have the comprehensive status updates that you guys have - I just get told when it’s expected to arrive.

Jan 2022 - Order confirmed, expected delivery in April 2022, March slot. I suspect the slots were pre-booked by the leasing company in mid-late 2021, so that’s effectively how old the order is lol. Same as you guys, really.

March 2022 - car now expected in August 2022

June 2022 - car now expected around Christmas 2022

Autumn 2022 - car pushed back to the end of May 2023

January 2023 - estimated build week 4, arrival early March

March 2023 - estimated arrival early April

April 2023 - car built and has been at port of exit at Emden since 16/03/2023 waiting for shipping to the UK! Arrival date now 08/05/2023 however the leasing provider are chasing this with the dealer to see when/if it has been shipped

Soo yes @Grace11 looks like we’re in a similar boat 😂 I’ll keep onto the leasing company until they give me an update this week.

I’d hate to give people the idea that it’s going to take forever to get to the UK so watch this space lol 🫣

Hoping for the best for you all as well! It’s a loooong wait indeed 😩
You’re getting close 😂

But which car is it? I looked through your posts and I’ve still no idea what you’ve ordered!

Tbh I think VW’s behaviour is appalling, the dealer has been great but VW Germany seems to frustrate even them.

Unconfirmed BW 20 now but who really knows, if it stays that way for the rest of the week it should be confirmed!

Good luck

ghostwalker

Passed Driver's Ed
You’re getting close 😂

But which car is it? I looked through your posts and I’ve still no idea what you’ve ordered!

Tbh I think VW’s behaviour is appalling, the dealer has been great but VW Germany seems to frustrate even them.

Unconfirmed BW 20 now but who really knows, if it stays that way for the rest of the week it should be confirmed!

Good luck

Haha well it’s the R which, as far as I can see, is a bit of a unicorn on UK roads, as are all of the tastier variants like GTE/GTI/GTD.

I will be posting and I do expect to hopefully see a few more pictures on here when the fruits of our patience do arrive lol.

I’m guessing you’re for one of the GT variants? 😂 I really hope that BW is confirmed for you.

I think I’ve only ever seen 3/4 of each of these top-end variants on the road since launch. VW probably thought they’d deliver a lot more but such is the world these days. There aren’t even too many standard cars because of the delays 🫣

Rainbravo

Hi Guys
Been reading for a while and finally got my email confirmation sorted!
Just wondering if anyone has any idea if the 1.5 r line is taking as long? Manual if that helps.
Dealer ordered in nov and I put my name on it in March. I know it hasn’t been long but current car will need a few things done and I’m wondering if I should hold out or not

HugoGT

Haha well it’s the R which, as far as I can see, is a bit of a unicorn on UK roads, as are all of the tastier variants like GTE/GTI/GTD.

I will be posting and I do expect to hopefully see a few more pictures on here when the fruits of our patience do arrive lol.

I’m guessing you’re for one of the GT variants? 😂 I really hope that BW is confirmed for you.

I think I’ve only ever seen 3/4 of each of these top-end variants on the road since launch. VW probably thought they’d deliver a lot more but such is the world these days. There aren’t even too many standard cars because of the delays 🫣
You’re entirely right there! I’ve also only seen about 3/4 of each too.

I am indeed, the thing is our order was placed October 21!

The reason I asked is our dealer seems to be under the impression it’s more performance spec cars that are taking ages, every time I see someone with positive news (that’s ordered a performance variant) I have some hope, keep us all updated, fingers crossed 🤞