GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

samgti16v

Passed Driver's Ed
have you been able to discover new things in the firmware? or is this firmware just to fix bugs?
Only a new logo for the vehicle menu and an oil level display option which disappeared after restarting system. The biggest difference is CarPlay is a lot smoother and switching between menus and different screens is quicker. I didn’t really have any bugs before so not noticed a difference there

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Yes, according to me its because the H58 hardware... what is odd is that the golf mk7's already had the maps being displayed between the dials, and i can't see why the maps can be displayed with the two blocks and not between the two dials on H56...
The maps between the dials has to fo with the updated software and probably hardware version of the dash display. These dash displays are using version 73xx while the older ones for my22 are 53xx and my21 34xx.

stefanox

Passed Driver's Ed
This is my unit, i have a H58 version, shall it work?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-05-03 at 06.43.42.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-03 at 06.43.42.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 148

feds85

Hi all,

in 9/2022 I was at a dealer to solve the:

1. gps issues/sos issue - solved by antenna replacement
2. gearbox issue - not solved - there will be a new software release to solve this issue, VW working on it...

5/2023 - I asked the dealer what is going on with the gearbox issue software release - they replied - still not available, when will be available, they will call me.

Current soft version - 1899

Gearbox issue - still bad.

New issue - infotainment - restarting sometimes (during the drive).

Attachments

• infotainment.jpg
    infotainment.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94

floraur

Tell me more about the gearbox issue, please?
There is some other version for your car, the guy did one update, but there is a newer one...
take a look on @samgti16v posts. You should have "Software: 1941"

Last edited:

samgti16v

Passed Driver's Ed
This is my unit, i have a H58 version, shall it work?
Hi all,

in 9/2022 I was at a dealer to solve the:

1. gps issues/sos issue - solved by antenna replacement
2. gearbox issue - not solved - there will be a new software release to solve this issue, VW working on it...

5/2023 - I asked the dealer what is going on with the gearbox issue software release - they replied - still not available, when will be available, they will call me.

Current soft version - 1899

Gearbox issue - still bad.

New issue - infotainment - restarting sometimes (during the drive).
Updating the infotainment I don’t think would help with your gearbox issue however it will fix the restarting during the drive.

If you have eTSI check whether you have had 90S8 recall

feds85

Tell me more about the gearbox issue, please?
There is some other version for your car, the guy did one update, but there is a newer one...
take a look on @samgti16v posts. You should have "Software: 1941"
Hi , is the 1941 official?

There were many complaints here about the gearbox issue. It is connected to MHEV function and it has "weird" behavior when shifting the gears down, mostly when 3-->2 gear, the car kicked forward. Sometimes happen very often, sometimes hardly recognized.

Anyway, local dealer confirmed this with main importer and the answer - they should fix it. But it is more than 6 months. Since then several OTA updates received but nothing changed in this.

feds85

Updating the infotainment I don’t think would help with your gearbox issue however it will fix the restarting during the drive.

If you have eTSI check whether you have had 90S8 recall

If you mean the recall for software issue (replacing the ECU and new software) - this was done. And after that the gearbox issue started - also users here reported the same.

samgti16v

Passed Driver's Ed
If you mean the recall for software issue (replacing the ECU and new software) - this was done. And after that the gearbox issue started - also users here reported the same.
All I know is there are 2 calls, 90S8 and 91CU. I have had 90S8 but don’t have any problems apart from when the clutch re-engages when braking down a hill

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
About the OUG1 service campaign. It is an online software update, with version 144, of the OCU Telematic unit.
This update should fix the following:
• The message "Loading user profile not possible" appears on the vehicle when a user is logged in/login.
• The vehicle status is sometimes not indicated correctly in the We Connect application, for example the vehicle is displayed as open, even though it is closed.
• After the start of the journey the "Welcome" screen in the infotainment remains displayed.
• Sometimes the globe on the Infotainment system display does not turn white (offline status).
• The vehicle's driving data is not displayed correctly in the We Connect app.
• A warning/message relating to the emergency call system appears in the instrument panel.