GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Texas - no more safety inspections in 2025

GolNat

Autocross Champion
It’s for my kids but you guys don’t have them. I’m not concerned about it with me.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
For sure.

And statistically speaking it might actually help very little having inspections idk. Most accidents are probably caused by other factors over not having a safe car.

You have:

People who care
People who don’t care
People who don’t know

Maybe it’s for the people who don’t know. The single moms, none car people the older generations.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
For sure.

And statistically speaking it might actually help very little having inspections idk. Most accidents are probably caused by other factors over not having a safe car.

You have:

People who care
People who don’t care
People who don’t know

Maybe it’s for the people who don’t know. The single moms, none car people the younger generations.
ftfy

;)

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
I think both emissions and safety inspections are important but if you need to get rid of one I'd rather keep the safety inspections. Not saying the environment isn't important but if the drivers around me are driving with metal on metal brakes, that's not good for anyone. But I'm older and grumpier so what do I know...

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I thought the same thing reading this.
this is legitimately hilarious at how upset y'all are.

CT doesnt have inspections and its fun to see how janky of a car you can spot.

or old pickups that are skewed way out to one side ahaha

People in texas....

1686235077664.png

...are annoyed that they're removing the safety inspection to get dangerous cars or stupid mods off the road but are still charging them the cost of the inspection. even though there is no longer any benefit or service provided....

1686235194545.png

....and you guys can't imagine why they would be annoyed....

1686235233109.png

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Similar problem over here....3years after a new car is first registered it has to have its first MOT, which is a safety inspection & emission inspection. This is then a annual requirement.

The past couple of years certain Gov' groups have been trying to get the first MOT requirement extended to 4yrs after its first registration date, & in certain cases 5yrs!!...

Depending on which info you read some say at least 580,000, or a minimum of 13% of 3yr old cars fail their first MOT in the UK...

So god knows how bad they'll be after 4yrs!!...IF they make it that far!!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
dude modern cars are fine and if they dont make it 4 years then they're just a shit manufacture lol.

Thats if they're looked after ok...

failures on 3yr old cars:-
tyres worn down to cords (bad alignment usually down to pothole damage to suspension)
brake pad/discs worn down/defective
brake fluid defective (basically brakes fail brake test section of MOT)
broken springs, or defective ball joints (Pothole damage to suspension)
seat belts frayed
Headlights & other signalling defective...(blown bulbs)

Many cars at 3yrs old the owners haven't bothered getting ANY of the basic servicing done....oil change??...brake fluid change??....check tyre pressures??

dtfd

Autocross Champion
dude modern cars are fine and if they dont make it 4 years then they're just a shit manufacture lol.
MOT is checking things like condition of tires, brakes, headlights, steering, suspension, etc. It's perfectly possible to have a car on the squealer pad with bald tires in 3 years and that has nothing to do with the manufacturer.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
This is just the condensed version of the UK MOT checklist.....there is a full details list which is bigger...
1686239804371.png