GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's a good spot to vacation in Florida?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Around Aug/Sep/Oct

Would most likely be an Airbnb. Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
I have never been but would love to go here:

https://thedali.org/

Last time in FL was forever ago.....I do know that August/September would be a nope. Also while trying to avoid Rule 1

FK FL

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Sent you a PM.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
You mean right in the middle of hurricane season?

You'll probably want to be on the Gulf side of Florida. My parents live near Tampa and the Tampa/Clearwater area is usually nice around that time of year.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Pensacola beach is great. I've been a few times now. Pure white sand beaches; hotels, resorts, air bnb all right on the beach, and all the shops you can think of. Also, main land Pensacola has a huge lighthouse museum and the navel aviation museum. Hit me up if you need some info.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Care to do anything else aside from swimming and sunbathing? lol.
I live in St. Pete - where the Dali museum is that @Strange Mud linked.
There are a handful of neat museums downtown if you're into that sort of thing.
Also tons of good restaurants and bars in downtown, and only about 15 min away from some good beaches...with more restaurants and bars.
That is peak hurricane season, but hey that would be an experience in and of itself.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Care to do anything else aside from swimming and sunbathing? lol.
I live in St. Pete - where the Dali museum is that @Strange Mud linked.
There are a handful of neat museums downtown if you're into that sort of thing.
Also tons of good restaurants and bars in downtown, and only about 15 min away from some good beaches...with more restaurants and bars.
That is peak hurricane season, but hey that would be an experience in and of itself.
Ringling museum is close too. It's a circus museum, definitely a different kind of day.

Daks

Autocross Champion
I don't want museums I wanna swim and sunbathe. Doesn't have to be Florida

cb1111

I don't want museums I wanna swim and sunbathe. Doesn't have to be Florida
Above average hurricane season expected this year and here is historical data

1687392566466.png

There are a couple of nice Motel 6's in North Dakota that have nice swimming pools....

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Hurricanes aren’t that big of a deal. You prep the property and get in your car and drive somewhere else if needed.

crxgator

Autocross Champion

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
We like Destin. Did saint pete/treasure island last year. More to do what with museums and the Rays if you want a base game. Destin beach is hands down better.

IMO you just can’t beat the gulf coast. The sand and clear warm water make it my favorite within a drivable distance.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
If you're willing to look at a different location other than FL.....Hilton Head Island in SC is my absolutely favorite go-to for a beach....when the tide is out (most of the day) the beach is half a football field wide and it's hard packed, so you can walk/run/bike on the sand. LOVE that beach