GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

FlyingDutch

I don't have as many posts here as I used to. All was good after the 1896 update, but since the 1899 update - IS rebooting regularly. Yesterday got message check both rear tail lights, nothing wrong with them. Today IS rebooted as I had climate option on screen, after reboot climate wasn't available - all locked up until I parked up and returned 40min later.
There's always something happening to remind me that the software will never be OK ☹️
Im still on 1788 since my dealer appointment is the 28e of this month. But did the ac do this? Cause i had the ac software freeze on me aswel 🥹 couldn’t change the temp and the ac was blowing crazy, it was like a freezer in there. After I parked and got back, it came back to the usual smart climate and everything was fine.

There are new problems everyday, now the infotainment is rebooting out of nowhere.

https://youtube.com/shorts/zmbH1ydEE94?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/y78xZL57ke8?feature=share

Attachments

• 89eeb25c-b723-4575-993c-760f426256bd.jpeg
    89eeb25c-b723-4575-993c-760f426256bd.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 103

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Im still on 1788 since my dealer appointment is the 28e of this month. But did the ac do this? Cause i had the ac software freeze on me aswel 🥹 couldn’t change the temp and the ac was blowing crazy, it was like a freezer in there. After I parked and got back, it came back to the usual smart climate and everything was fine.

There are new problems everyday, now the infotainment is rebooting out of nowhere.

https://youtube.com/shorts/zmbH1ydEE94?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/y78xZL57ke8?feature=share
Expect anything! the initial climate control lock-up happened to me back in 2021 when I got the car first and there were no software updates available to fix anything. On that occasion it was a bit like what happened to you, AC was on max filling the car with freezing air and heated seat also on max roasting my back and ...ss off - result with it off all windows misted up, all I could do to prevent misting up was switch the IS off/on until my journeys end. Next time was when the IS locked-up showing rear temp adjustment only. That was it until this week with the auto-rebooting and rear taillight error.
A final complication in my case the dealer (where I bought the car and located15 minutes from my home) has just lost the VW dealership. As the car is still under warranty I have to travel much further to visit nearest dealer.
Finally based on the car's history (18 months of problems, almost 12 months of relatively problem free now these 1899 update problems) there's one other thing I'm going to persist with and that is seeking some king of extended warranty which is up for me in January next.

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
When you have a problem, hold the power button for 10 seconds to reset. After that everything will be normal
Done that with all sorts of errors and didn't work, another one I experienced earlier on, when auto lights operated on a dark morning and when the sun came out fully, blue skies etc - lighting control froze on auto and only when I parked locked up and eventually returned was back to normal. That hasn't happened since the very early days.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Expect anything! the initial climate control lock-up happened to me back in 2021 when I got the car first and there were no software updates available to fix anything. On that occasion it was a bit like what happened to you, AC was on max filling the car with freezing air and heated seat also on max roasting my back and ...ss off - result with it off all windows misted up, all I could do to prevent misting up was switch the IS off/on until my journeys end. Next time was when the IS locked-up showing rear temp adjustment only. That was it until this week with the auto-rebooting and rear taillight error.
A final complication in my case the dealer (where I bought the car and located15 minutes from my home) has just lost the VW dealership. As the car is still under warranty I have to travel much further to visit nearest dealer.
Finally based on the car's history (18 months of problems, almost 12 months of relatively problem free now these 1899 update problems) there's one other thing I'm going to persist with and that is seeking some king of extended warranty which is up for me in January next.

let me know if you can extend the warranty... I would be interested too. I will ask the dealer..

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
let me know if you can extend the warranty... I would be interested too. I will ask the dealer..
Will do Massimo 2323, from previous posts, I suspect we will end up with the same dealer or maybe not :unsure: it's down to VW Ireland in the end if an extended warranty is granted - always hope, never expect!

FlyingDutch

When you have a problem, hold the power button for 10 seconds to reset. After that everything will be normal
That is a solution that should only happen like once a year. I never have to reset my iphone, imagine i need to reset the infotainment system everyday 🥹 on the tcr i never had to restart, its just poop software.

realmode

Hello,

Is there any software update for my 5H0035869A ? Curent software installed is 1776
I still hope that a new software will fix the Galaxy S23 Ultra android auto :)

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20230709_124131.jpg
    20230709_124131.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54

FlyingDutch

Hello,

Is there any software update for my 5H0035869A ? Curent software installed is 1776

Thanks.
A person i know got their car updated to 1899 yesterday, this was the latest official release of vw. But some already have 1941 but its in beta.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hello,

Thanks.

The software on the 5H0035869A, which is a composition media infotainment system, is different from the 816/820 Discovery infotainment system. 1776 is the latest that I know of for these units.

Yesterday a new TPI has appeared in the German Erwin database named 2070082/1 and is for the 1941 software update. It will take up to a week or two for it to appear in general.
One error I noticed it fixes which I and others have (only RHD) is this:
The EasyEntry function cannot be deactivated/switched off in the radio/navigation system. F...Kin Finally after 3 years.
Other things it fixes is:
The representations/display in the car menu are not correct.
- The radio/navigation system display:
- remains black after switching on.
- turns black when using Apple CarPlay.
- is pixelated when using Google Maps via Apple Carplay.
Sometimes the radio/navigation system switches itself off and on again (reset). This is about the reboots...
Also the usual reverse camera flickering, not displayed or delayed.

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
The software on the 5H0035869A, which is a composition media infotainment system, is different from the 816/820 Discovery infotainment system. 1776 is the latest that I know of for these units.

Yesterday a new TPI has appeared in the German Erwin database named 2070082/1 and is for the 1941 software update. It will take up to a week or two for it to appear in general.
The EasyEntry function cannot be deactivated/switched off in the radio/navigation system. F...Kin Finally after 3 years.
Sometimes the radio/navigation system switches itself off and on again (reset). This is about the reboots...
Is it an OTA update or we will have to visit the dealer?

clubsport452021

I am on 1941 software. Driving to Goodwood last week I had an interesting this happen with Dynamic Road Sign. Coming out of a 30mph and into a 50mph my 2021 car decided that the speed was 80mph!!! Surely the software should know that 80mph isn't a thing........70mph is the maximum it should recognise.

WEIRD!!

FlyingDutch

Hopefully asap! I have a dealer appointment on the 28e, and have the reverse camera problem. Also the apple carplay turning black, so need to disable bluetooth and wifi, so i can reconnect, very annoying.

Why you dont like the easy entry function? I like it a lot really. I only notice that the locking distance has significantly decreased from the golf 7,5 to the 8. This also applies to the opening, and i dont mean the easy entry but open and close for a distance with the fob.

Last edited: