GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Wiener Declares: GoiNg tO A NEw uRL iS hARd

riceburner

Autocross Champion
These CSB threads are wild. Every time I'm caught up enough to post, I have nothing relevant to add. Every time I have something relevant to add, I'm two hundred posts behind.

Unpopular opinion time!
DSGs (although inferior to traditional manuals in every way) are still actually manual transmissions. Mechanically speaking, they are all but identical to manuals. The only real difference is the computer and electric motors to perform the actual clutch actuation and shifting. Therefore, DSGs are manuals that are less fun (and thus crap).
All true and cool, i do like that there is no torque converter, so they feel as connected as a regular manual.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Also yes new guys needs pic of shoe on head or ban.

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
While everyone else is arguing about how automatic their automatic transmission is, I'm over here trying to figure out what a manual dsg would look like. Two clutch pedals? Two sticks with odd/even gears on one of each? Both? I feel like someone should do it, for science.
I'm thinking twin clutches twin sticks

Otherwise you wouldn't be able to set up the next gear as you run through the previous.

Would need some kind of mechanism to hold the clutch back while you're using the other gearset though. Unless you've got mad left foot heeltoe skills

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Jesus h christ
Screenshot_20230807_160717_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230807_160722_Facebook.jpg

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
lol my car farts
I did a loud shift fart on saturday when I flew past a couple buddies. Forgot to ask them if it sounded terrible/obnoxious from the outside of the car. Before that we were hanging out in a pub. When I was pulling up I saw they were seated in the outdoor area, so I drove past and made it gurgle a little bit. When I finally got to the bar they were like, we heard you, then we saw you, everybody here looked. I was like uh oh, was it obnoxious? They said naah it's tasteful.

One of these days I need to get someone to drive my car and go up and down the street while I just stand there and watch/listen to it. It's hard for me to gauge how loud it is from the driver seat.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
I did a loud shift fart on saturday when I flew past a couple buddies. Forgot to ask them if it sounded terrible/obnoxious from the outside of the car. Before that we were hanging out in a pub. When I was pulling up I saw they were seated in the outdoor area, so I drove past and made it gurgle a little bit. When I finally got to the bar they were like, we heard you, then we saw you, everybody here looked. I was like uh oh, was it obnoxious? They said naah it's tasteful.

One of these days I need to get someone to drive my car and go up and down the street while I just stand there and watch/listen to it. It's hard for me to gauge how loud it is from the driver seat.
i should wrap my car in turbo blue