GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Service campaign 10H9 to fit the engine compartment cover that was removed via campaign 10H5

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
The new service campaign 10H9 revision 2, dated 25/08/2023, is to fit the new engine compartment cover which were removed or never fitted from factory via campaign 10H5.
There are two different covers:
PN 06Q103925L for vehicles up to 180kW only
PN 06Q103925N for vehicles greater than/equal to 180kW only.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
That’s good news for anyone with a mk8 Golf that’s missing its engine cover.

If it’s OK with you, I’ll post a link over on golfgtiforum.co.uk to your post above so owners on that forum patiently waiting for an engine cover are aware.

Shortly

One day I'll lift the hood. Only had the car 14 months so need so far 😀. Perhaps the screen wash will need a top up for winter.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
And
One day I'll lift the hood. Only had the car 14 months so need so far 😀. Perhaps the screen wash will need a top up for winter.

My car’s bonnet gets lifted every time I clean the car (usually every couple of weeks), and I use that as an opportunity to do those regular under bonnet fluid checks (oil, coolant, washer fluid), along with checking tyre pressures / tyre condition.

IMHO, better to be proactive than reactive with regular maintenance checks; they only take a few minutes and spotting a potential issue early (e.g. low fluid level, coolant leak, oil leak, damaged hoses etc.) could avoid a potentially large repair bill.

Schipperke

I have a 40th AE. When I type in my VIN it reads no service campaigns. Do people buying the car w/o cover get one at no charge?
I'd assume that engine would go with PN 06Q103925L ?

Ding

I have a 40th AE. When I type in my VIN it reads no service campaigns. Do people buying the car w/o cover get one at no charge?
I'd assume that engine would go with PN 06Q103925L ?
I'm in the same boat - would be interested in the answer

Schipperke

Point being, I wouldn't hold your breath for an engine cover if you're NAR.
The verbiage in the OP is ROW with power being given in kW and the date being given in DD/MM/YYYY

No doubt.. My gauge on panel will only show kW, they do not like horses apparently..