GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Wiener Declares: GoiNg tO A NEw uRL iS hARd

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Had a friend with a Evo III and another with a V. Both cars were modded so I can’t speak on stock, but both were stiff, yet compliment for Japanese roads. However, the didn’t beat me up like my STI did. That rode like a truck. One of the builds in my garage was a 2002 wagon with a full s.7 drivetrain swap, to include the DCCD. I prefer the Mitsubishi ACD/AYC systems, with the AYC taking the cake over them all. The torque vectoring from front to rear wasn’t nearly as noticeable or useable as AYC doing it left to right out back. You can get stupid and plant the throttle on exit and the car just squats and goes.

GC/GF/GM always seemed under sprung/under dampened, while the GD/GG were over sprung/under dampened.

Cx9A’s always had the suspension figured out for what ever reason.

That said, they are all rally cars, and pair well with young/silly and/or performance minded people that want to drive a “big stick” around. For driving enjoyment in that class, I’d walk past both the STI and Evo right to Celica GT4 (CT205) and only wish for the Subaru/Evo aftermarket support. The Toyota is a much more pleasurable car to drive daily for my old broken bones.

Alas, my VR4 and its shorter roof sister the Galant, are what lead to the Evo X. Glass smooth V6, ACS, AYC. Even the 5spd tiptronic is self learning and applies your manual shifted driving style to tue auto mode. More or less drives like a couch, but can be tossed around the twisties with the best is it’s era. Was wanting a 5spd with AYC but the only one I could find stateside has some chassis damage and was $5k more than mine. Swaps are not impossible, and will be doing research on a 4G or 6G swap when the 6A finally dies will be a good distraction in the next few years while I amass parts.
I've been drooling over a GTFour that's on JDM-expo.
It's listed for $20k, which is a lot imo. I'm kicking myself because two years ago they had one sell for 11500, and it was mint.
I think if I sell the black gti that I have then I might go for a GTfour. They look fantastic.

riceburner

Autocross Champion

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Driving along and realize the car has died randomly.
Pull over and she was cranking healthy but no start.
My obd11 wont work without the car running

I hear the crank sensor may the fault and to let the car cool down for 20 mins then try again
Alas, upon doing that now NOTHING happens when turning the key.
Battery seems fine but im gonna get that checked and go from there, maybe get a crank sensor? Dont wanna just chuck parts at it of course.

Thoughts? 2007, fsi, was quite healthy, infact i just checked it for codes and misfires etc today and she was clean.
It has fsi motor? I thought all USA Gtis were TSI 2.0t (CCTA/CBFA)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Is that normal behavior?
i dont think so. maybe its an earlier-model gti thing but iirc i could obd11 in my old mk6

maybe i fried the ecm

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
i dont think so. maybe its an earlier-model gti thing but iirc i could obd11 in my old mk6

maybe i fried the ecm

I don't know about a fried ECM. But if all the accessories get power and work, yet the car can't communicate with the OBD port, that does point to some kind of electrical issue. I've never laid hands on an MKV, but like you said. In an MK6 & MK7, the car doesn't need to be on for that to happen. As long as the accessory power is on, it can communicate with the OBD port. I just didn't know if that was different for the MKVs.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I can see where this is going. Even if the car is fixed....

"Babe, I know we agreed no more cars. But I NEED a new car! What happens if it dies like that when I have little bebita with me?!"