GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Grandmas Boy Gives Rice Individual Throttle Boners

riceburner

Autocross Champion
My wife's 2020 Outback had the battery die over the weekend. Autozones cheapest battery was $250. I didn't realize they were that much. I haven't had to replace a battery in a long time, because I kept selling our cars every 3 years. Lol.

I'm expecting the GTI's battery to die soon.
+1 to riceburner method

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Not saying its aliens

But man my wife and i took off to go out to dinner and saw through the trees a straight WW formation of lights in the sky. Like probably 10 or so lights. Not uncommon to see lots of planes flying into ohare airport near us but it looked so odd so we headed that way. Kept losing the lights through the trees and elevation changes. Couldnt get a good vantage point then they were gone.

All the starlink pictures i found appear to be in a deadass straight line but this was definitely a perfect WW formation. Should have taken a picture.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
I've heard mixed things. Turns out with some modding and ignorance of the build quality, they're quite quick around a track since their center of gravity is so low. I was surprised when I watched the Model 3 race at Gridlife. So quiet though😡.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Today's CSB:
Adjusted my endlinks without even having to raise the car or anything. Took the bumper off and had access to the endlinks in the front and squirmed on the floor to get the rear endlinks adjusted. Took it out for a spin around town a few minutes ago. Feels really nice. I was hooning around in the dark with the bumper still off. Needs some more testing, and pushing it closer to the limit, but I'm very satisfied with the suspension changes I've made (koni coilover kit, end links, and rear sway bar). Got to install tie rod kit and front sway bar soon. I want to DIY my toe alignment (not just eyeballing it) but I fear that's going to be a bit more challenging.
My recent insta post (funny blooper at the end)
1 9 6 7 5

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Teslas are awful. Even the model S is badly built and - although awfully quick - is also awfully awful to drive
That about sums it up. These things must be so annoying to own. I did ~5 30-100 pulls and drained the battery 17% by doing that. The way I drive the battery would die after 30 mins. Nope

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
1000003184.jpg