GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

riceburner

Autocross Champion

CSB3: Everyone's Knees Gettin' SWOLE​

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
my knees are fucked from playing ddr on a soft pad on a concrete floor for ten years lmao
bro those soft pads made me irrationally angry, bought ITG on PS2 though and that pad was OP

I keep thinking about buying an ITG2 dedicab but holy shit they cost as much as a reasonably priced car now AND I don't know where I could physically put it, which is a shame because I hate exercise but you put some eurobeat and a score system in there and I'm all fucking game lol

when I played actively I was juuuuuuust starting to get 12s down on ITG, DDR I could pretty consistently do a fair number of the 10s.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
bro those soft pads made me irrationally angry, bought ITG on PS2 though and that pad was OP

I keep thinking about buying an ITG2 dedicab but holy shit they cost as much as a reasonably priced car now AND I don't know where I could physically put it, which is a shame because I hate exercise but you put some eurobeat and a score system in there and I'm all fucking game lol

when I played actively I was juuuuuuust starting to get 12s down on ITG, DDR I could pretty consistently do a fair number of the 10s.
yeah from like 14-16 i played on one of those comically thin soft pads and then i got a redoctane thick soft pad and it was much more comfy.

did a few kneedrops on the thin soft pad at like 15 and realized that was not a good idea.

i would love to have a 4th mix machine just because it was the first one i played on but yeah, they're expensive and i am completely unable to play anything over like, a six footer now.

wildest rhythm game i ever played was the korean "techno motion" that a local beach arcade had. it had full modifiers, but the pad also had 9 panels. you could play a typical 4 panel DDR style one, the five panel pump it up way, or eight panels that just didn't use the middle.

even nuttier was that you could switch between any of them at any point with the press of a button.

1707157192454.png

scrllock

Autocross Champion
yeah from like 14-16 i played on one of those comically thin soft pads and then i got a redoctane thick soft pad and it was much more comfy.

did a few kneedrops on the thin soft pad at like 15 and realized that was not a good idea.

i would love to have a 4th mix machine just because it was the first one i played on but yeah, they're expensive and i am completely unable to play anything over like, a six footer now.
SAME. had one the last year or two of high school, went to college and met kids who had the redoctane pads and it was SO much better.
any time I look at this stuff I get depressed at how much I want it and yet can't justify putting a full on arcade setup in the basement.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Everyone has that one chick that banged on the first date, was wild in bed and would have almost been worth marrying for just the sex.

They're all Bible thumper now, every last one of them. You know it's true.

So if your mom is a Bible thumper....

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm sitting at my desk with a heating pad on my knee as I work. Ligaments are inflamed from over use. Iced and rested it for a few days, then heat, heat, heat........ and stretching. Lots of stretching.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
CSB walmart over wknd for 2 batteries Comet and tractor. $240 inc tax and $5 twice for core. I pay online pick them up then you have to go to cust service to get core money back. Thirty minutes later they still cant figure out how to get my ten back. I leave....today I try and get online receipt I look and one of the batteries I was charged $20 more for, but they didn't charge me for the second battery. $50 in my favor I am going to allow it.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion

wildest rhythm game i ever played was the korean "techno motion" that a local beach arcade had. it had full modifiers, but the pad also had 9 panels. you could play a typical 4 panel DDR style one, the five panel pump it up way, or eight panels that just didn't use the middle.

even nuttier was that you could switch between any of them at any point with the press of a button.

View attachment 298911
SAME. had one the last year or two of high school, went to college and met kids who had the redoctane pads and it was SO much better.
any time I look at this stuff I get depressed at how much I want it and yet can't justify putting a full on arcade setup in the basement.

I wouldn't mind a Cobalt Flux or something of that nature, I never really got all that good at doubles so even like a single pad and Stepmania would be nice. I went back and installed SM again and loaded up most of the old song packs I had. Playing on a keyboard just to see if I could still read, my timing is very not good at this point. I'm not going to 100% give up on finding a reasonably priced single metal pad though, it'd be great to be able to get back in shape again at least for the cardio.

I do have a pair of foam PS2 pads from a friend but I'd have to find an adapter that doesn't have a ton of lag and isn't hyper sketchy/doesn't cost an arm and a leg. But I also want to get a slightly better than (my current) G25 simracing wheel/pedals... So many expensive hobbies and not nearly enough money to really indulge in all of them. Hopefully I can get a raise at some point, apparently the opinion among the team here is that I'm fairly talented for how new I am.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
CSB walmart over wknd for 2 batteries Comet and tractor. $240 inc tax and $5 twice for core. I pay online pick them up then you have to go to cust service to get core money back. Thirty minutes later they still cant figure out how to get my ten back. I leave....today I try and get online receipt I look and one of the batteries I was charged $20 more for, but they didn't charge me for the second battery. $50 in my favor I am going to allow it.
Walmart sucks for any sort of unusual transaction. My wife gets coupons for frozen stuff from work and because they're like free item up to x value they usually require an override of some flavor, and 9 times out of ten the people working the checkout (when there are any) don't know what to do with the prompts.

Target also now has a whitelist for manufacturer coupons, so that's hit or miss too.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Oh boy old fart talk! Now something I can relate to. Wore out my left knee about fourteen years ago, arthritis bone on bone. My arthropod doc said no need to do anything, here is a shot of some viscous fluid that will fix you right up. It helped for maybe the first couple of times I got it. After a year it didn't do anything. Stopped that and hobbled around. When I asked the arthropod about a knee replacement he said no way. WTF!

Fast forward a year or so and my family doc says why haven't you had your knee fixed. She gave me the name of another arthropod. Did some research and he was very highly rated. Off to the new doc and when he sees the x-rays he says holy cow I bet that hurts. When do you want to have the new knee installed? I said asap and a month later I had a new knee. In and out in a few hours as an outpatient. About six weeks of PT and I'm as good as an old fart cane be.

And that there is the story of why I drive a DSG. You guys with slipping clutches should try one. ;)

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
I wouldn't mind a Cobalt Flux or something of that nature, I never really got all that good at doubles so even like a single pad and Stepmania would be nice. I went back and installed SM again and loaded up most of the old song packs I had. Playing on a keyboard just to see if I could still read, my timing is very not good at this point. I'm not going to 100% give up on finding a reasonably priced single metal pad though, it'd be great to be able to get back in shape again at least for the cardio.

I do have a pair of foam PS2 pads from a friend but I'd have to find an adapter that doesn't have a ton of lag and isn't hyper sketchy/doesn't cost an arm and a leg. But I also want to get a slightly better than (my current) G25 simracing wheel/pedals... So many expensive hobbies and not nearly enough money to really indulge in all of them. Hopefully I can get a raise at some point, apparently the opinion among the team here is that I'm fairly talented for how new I am.
im still a monster on a keyboard or gamepad lmao

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Oh boy old fart talk! Now something I can relate to. Wore out my left knee about fourteen years ago, arthritis bone on bone. My arthropod doc said no need to do anything, here is a shot of some viscous fluid that will fix you right up. It helped for maybe the first couple of times I got it. After a year it didn't do anything. Stopped that and hobbled around. When I asked the arthropod about a knee replacement he said no way. WTF!

Fast forward a year or so and my family doc says why haven't you had your knee fixed. She gave me the name of another arthropod. Did some research and he was very highly rated. Off to the new doc and when he sees the x-rays he says holy cow I bet that hurts. When do you want to have the new knee installed? I said asap and a month later I had a new knee. In and out in a few hours as an outpatient. About six weeks of PT and I'm as good as an old fart cane be.

And that there is the story of why I drive a DSG. You guys with slipping clutches should try one. ;)
As soon as I injured myself a certain someone from Rhode Island pointed out the irony in the "I only drive manuals" guy injuring his left knee and now cannot drive his sweet manual car.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
As soon as I injured myself a certain someone from Rhode Island pointed out the irony in the "I only drive manuals" guy injuring his left knee and now cannot drive his sweet manual car.
Dude, have you heard that VW has this cool dual clutch transmission? It's a manual, that you don't have to shift. It's all the rage.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I could still drive a manual, but it hurt to do so, hence the DSG. Now that my knee is better I can push a clutch with the best of them. My friend took me out in his Porsche to see how I'd do. It went fine, but my shoulders really hurt from rowing the gearbox. Don't get old if you can help it.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Dude, have you heard that VW has this cool dual clutch transmission? It's a manual, that you don't have to shift. It's all the rage.
It's like using a toilet that wipes for you.