GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

Steve WH

I made an order for a manual 1.5 150 R-Line in May this year and was given a delivery date of December '23 / January '24. As I hadn't heard anything re build times I was starting to think of cancelling and called last week to discuss it. I was told that they had a cancelled order available which had been made in March '23 which was the same spec as mine so they have switched me over to that order and it has a build date of 10.01.24. They said that car should then be with me around 08.03.24. So that will be a year from that original order going in. Like you, I queried re the 8.5 and when that would be coming out and the girl I dealt with said that they still had no details re launch date for the 8.5 or prices for that matter and that all orders currently in the pipeline would be getting dealt with prior to the 8.5 coming out. She said that any orders currently being taken for Golfs are for the existing 8.0 as far as they are concerned.
I’m presently running a mk8 GTI and it will 3 years old in May 24,i am reluctant to order another mk8 replacement as I understand the MK8.5 will be due out early/mid 24 ,think l will wait for the mk8.5 as I would be fed up if I took delivery of another mk8 and then the mk8.5 was launched, the dealerships probably know more than they are saying as they’ll want to keep selling the mk8 for now.

Tunes of Glory

Anyone had any proposed wait times, Ordered a R-Line 2.0 150 DSG in October and was told around May 2024 time!? And is there any news on the 8.5? not sure I like the proposed infotainment screen the same as the new Tiguan, seems a bit big for a golf.
My experience...ordered a Golf mk 8 Style 130hp in April 2023 was expecting it around December but it was ready end of August! Before I had the cash ready! (I had timed fixed accounts to mature around December). I was given nearly 12 months wait for the 150hp model due to it being manufactured elsewhere.

coruro

Had an update today, Provisional build week 6 (5th Feb 2024), will get an update again in Jan.

Ordered 28th October 2023

R Line 2.0, 150, DSG.

silvetti

Ordered (in Poland) a Variant (Estate) model with almost all the bells and whistles I could add.

Order date: September 2022
Initial build date was somewhere around May 2023.
Next provisional build date: 39/2023 September
Then 52/2023, End of the year - December 2023
And the latest update is 9/2023 Early March 2024...

At this point I don't know if I will get a mk8 or mk8.5, I doubt the dealer can even answer me that at this point in time.
What I know, and the absolutely ONLY reason I am still holding on to this order, is that I'm buying a car in 2024 at 2022 prices as I locked in the price.
Same spec car is almost 7k EUR more expensive.

Still painful to wait so long :(

coruro

Ordered (in Poland) a Variant (Estate) model with almost all the bells and whistles I could add.

Order date: September 2022
Initial build date was somewhere around May 2023.
Next provisional build date: 39/2023 September
Then 52/2023, End of the year - December 2023
And the latest update is 9/2023 Early March 2024...

At this point I don't know if I will get a mk8 or mk8.5, I doubt the dealer can even answer me that at this point in time.
What I know, and the absolutely ONLY reason I am still holding on to this order, is that I'm buying a car in 2024 at 2022 prices as I locked in the price.
Same spec car is almost 7k EUR more expensive.

Still painful to wait so long :(
I think it depends swell on the spec and tech, I've only had 1 extra which was high beam assist on the R-Line i've ordered. High beam assist is pretty standard on most cars in the UK and I prefer it.

I presume you meant BW 9/2024 as you said March 2024.

There are rumours going round that March is the 8.5 release, other people saying the 8.5 has a year waitlist already? who knows. I should get my monthly update soon from my dealership.

Definitely worth holding out, you've waited this long and like you said 2022 price in 2024.

coruro

Monthly update, BW 7 the 12th Feb 2024, asked if I could add anything to the car to be told no, so presuming its status 20 now.

JoeMikez

Been following this forum patiently waiting for a build date on my Golf R (via Motorfinity UK) - after 5+ unconfirmed build dates I've finally got a confirmed build week of 22/01/24 after ordering just under a year ago. Anyone know the latest on build times? Do have some extras (DCC, estoril wheels, winter pack). I can cope once I know it's built and out of the factory but seeing some waiting for a completed build for weeks and weeks is hard to imagine.

Flip flop

Been following this forum patiently waiting for a build date on my Golf R (via Motorfinity UK) - after 5+ unconfirmed build dates I've finally got a confirmed build week of 22/01/24 after ordering just under a year ago. Anyone know the latest on build times? Do have some extras (DCC, estoril wheels, winter pack). I can cope once I know it's built and out of the factory but seeing some waiting for a completed build for weeks and weeks is hard to imagine.
Hi @JoeMikez

I too ordered through Motorfinity, and like you, had a load of unconfirmed build dates, and a few confirmed ones, that were cancelled. Originally when I ordered (April 23) they said delivered in approx 4 months.

Car has now been built last week and is on its way to the port of exit.

Thing is, they let slip which dealer it’s going to. Small world, but I have a friend who works for the dealer, even though it’s miles away from me. They said it had ALWAYS had a build date of wk 48 from the day I ordered it. (It was then put back to January). VW dealers seem to think Motorfinity were telling me unconfirmed build dates to keep me from going elsewhere.

Now, I don’t know if that’s the case, but I would have preferred knowing the truth from the start. The hefty discount was the carrot on a stick though.

Hope yours gets built as planned next week 🤞🏼

JoeMikez

Hi @JoeMikez

I too ordered through Motorfinity, and like you, had a load of unconfirmed build dates, and a few confirmed ones, that were cancelled. Originally when I ordered (April 23) they said delivered in approx 4 months.

Car has now been built last week and is on its way to the port of exit.

Thing is, they let slip which dealer it’s going to. Small world, but I have a friend who works for the dealer, even though it’s miles away from me. They said it had ALWAYS had a build date of wk 48 from the day I ordered it. (It was then put back to January). VW dealers seem to think Motorfinity were telling me unconfirmed build dates to keep me from going elsewhere.

Now, I don’t know if that’s the case, but I would have preferred knowing the truth from the start. The hefty discount was the carrot on a stick though.

Hope yours gets built as planned next week 🤞🏼
Appreciate the response mate, I did wonder whether Motorfinity were just giving dates to keep me interested, wonder if they’ll tell me which dealer it’s going to!
Discouraging to hear you had confirmed build dates cancelled too, hoping this isn’t the case for me. You are right about the discount though, I can’t get anything similar spec even used for a similar price.
Would appreciate if anyone knows what to expect on current build times once build week is confirmed!

Flip flop

I found out the following week that it was built and at the port of exit. Hopefully this time next week they will give you good news!

JoeMikez

Not sure if you’ve had an update but been advised today that my Golf R has arrived in the UK. Spoke to them today to advise under no circumstances do I want the car registered as a 73 reg, haven’t waited this long to miss out on a 24 reg by 2 weeks!
I found out the following week that it was built and at the port of exit. Hopefully this time next week they will give you good new

GR270658

Appreciate the response mate, I did wonder whether Motorfinity were just giving dates to keep me interested, wonder if they’ll tell me which dealer it’s going to!
Discouraging to hear you had confirmed build dates cancelled too, hoping this isn’t the case for me. You are right about the discount though, I can’t get anything similar spec even used for a similar price.
Would appreciate if anyone knows what to expect on current build times once build week is confirmed!
Hi. I had a build week of 08.01.24 which I was notified of in December for my R-Line 1.5 150.

I then received an email on 16.01.24 notifying me that the car was built and in transit from factory to port and another email on 24.01.24 that the car was now at port awaiting ship allocation.

Further email yesterday (13.02.24) that car has now arrived in UK and will be going to dealer for Pre Delivery Inspection.

Personally hope they take a couple of weeks on that and i get a '24 plate but not too fussed after the wait. Originally ordered in May 23 and then was changed over to an identical order which had been made in March 23 so that will have been a year exactly.

Ordered with Motorfinity as well who sent me all the details above re build and transit updates.

Flip flop

Not sure if you’ve had an update but been advised today that my Golf R has arrived in the UK. Spoke to them today to advise under no circumstances do I want the car registered as a 73 reg, haven’t waited this long to miss out on a 24 reg by 2 weeks!
Haha! Funnily enough I sent the exact same email to them yesterday too!

As of last week it was still in Grimsby, but the dealer was expecting it. It’s such a first world problem now, but I really don’t want to 73 plate after waiting for so long!

My current car is due a service and first MOT in March and it feels like a hot potato I need to get rid of! I hope I hear back soon!